Found: A cool spot

bronco

Mar 2, 2008
Found an old drive in theater in the middle of pine stand today. Adjacent area opened up for a Walmart. Will keep you posted! Scouted around a little, one '67 penny so far. Any experience with drive-in theaters? I haven't located the concession stand yet. All the old posts for the sound boxes are still in place. The thing was unpaved. I just hope it was there pre -64. Million and one pull tabs everywhere and one big flying squirrel.

Upvote 0

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Hey, if I could only be living in Virginia right now..

I could go there before you had to take the trouble to check it out, then you wouldn't even have to fool with it if it's not a good site. Ha ha.

On the serious side though, I ALWAYS use a low-powered, low-gain detector with low sensitivity in those places, taverns too. It seems to be a better way to go if there is crushed rock there.

Cancel the pulltabs and iron completely and dig anything above pulltabs. If you do you won't be pulling your hair out with all the noise and false signals and you'll be find a lot more silver coins and wheaties in a lot shorter time..

Wherever the toilets were, that's where to look first. Next I'd try the driver's side of the parking post. When you get through doing that, then use only foil and high iron to look for any silver rings or necklaces. I still to this day use that same technique and find the latter right after people run over the ground right ahead of me with some real spendy detectors.

EasyMoney

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Most of them had a tot lot type area, I'd look for that too, plus any places where people might have tried to sneak in....holes in fences etc.

Keep us posted! I know of a couple of those down south I might have to check out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions