Found a dandy button that matches the design of one I found 3 weeks ago!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found them both at the same field, but they were a good 100 feet apart! Weird!

Here's a couple of pics of the buttons. The one I found 3 weeks ago is lighter than the one I found today. Not sure why, but maybe it's due to the different soil conditions. The lighter one was found in sandy soil and the darker one was found in rich, dark soil.

matching buttons.JPG matching buttons back.JPG

Upvote 4

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice buttons Tim. Finding that second one is an odd occurrence.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool.

Shows continuity and history in working the land. Lost a button on his great coat when the oxen got stubborn in a heavy rain, and he snagged his coat on the yoke while trying to coax them. Three years later, another was lost on a snowy day while bringing in firewood.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
somehow those buttons you guys find are a whole lot better and nicer than the ones I find, maybe because what I have found have all been from the last 75 years or so. LOL anyways I love to see those old ones and hope someday to find one of my own.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those buttons are awesome. :headbang:

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great replies! I know a lot of diggers find multiples of the same button in a small area, but 100 feet away seems kind of odd to me.

OWK's explanation is probably 100% correct. The same person worked that field year after year and lost them at different times. Of course, he could have lost MORE than two buttons over the years! Back to that spot tomorrow!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great replies! I know a lot of diggers find multiples of the same button in a small area, but 100 feet away seems kind of odd to me.

OWK's explanation is probably 100% correct. The same person worked that field year after year and lost them at different times. Of course, he could have lost MORE than two buttons over the years! Back to that spot tomorrow!

If it were ploughed at any point since the 18th C, that would easily explain it.

I can't remember getting any more than 1 type of Dandy in any one place, so pretty good really.

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were ploughed at any point since the 18th C, that would easily explain it.

Great point! That's also a possibility, since I have found a few lead bale seals in this area. If that's the case, they could be anywhere on this field. Guess I'll be doing this spot for awhile!

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember getting any more than 1 type of Dandy in any one place, so pretty good really.

Thanks! I guess it's a fairly unique find. Now if I can just find another one, it will be a really unique find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread