Found a generic test

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This test is ignored by most detector users as it bears no relation to any test that other people have conducted using the same machines and targets.
It would be interesting to know where the, what do they call them ? "Unique" ground conditions exist.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Yeah, that's a pretty old chart, and one where the guy was making a big killing on Minelabs. The one from Great britain is a strange one too, all he does is takes the detectors out of the box, not tuning them, just putting them all on factory preset settings and seeing what or if he will find anything - and at what depths show up on only presets. He admits that he does this but few people ever read that first statement he makes. It's a cheap shot at making money on too-high-priced Minelabs again, something I see way too often.

There are no useable depth tests available due to too many different determinants that can change each and every detector in many different ways. Read what Dan says at dankowskis detectors about this subject. He knows what he is talking about.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/

EasyMoney

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another thing that comes into play is the detectors ability to find good items around trash, what would be better a detector that can find a BB at 2 feet but can't tell the difference between a piece of foil and a Bust dime? Or a detector that can only see the BB at 8" but knows there's a penny 2 inch's away from the foil at 6". I have detectors that go really deep great when I am in the woods with little new trash. But when I hunt a yard or a deep woods site full of trash I could spend all day digging garbage while detector 2 digs all the good stuff at 6". So depth is not everything. Sometimes the only way to tell a good detector is to use it. Reid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread