Found a gun, a knife and some silver.

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first new thread since the changeover so I hope everything goes well.
Today as usual rain was predicted :sad5: so I didn't even plan on detecting. Then I looked outside and there wasn't a cloud in the sky :cool: So I grabbed my detector and headed out to a nearby park I had only detected once. It rained me out that day but it seemed promising. The first signal was deep trash :mad: The next was trash too and the one after that. Then finally I got a dime ;D Then another dime signal. This time out poped a gun, MAR 28, 12 #5.JPG O.K. so it turned out to be a gun from an old CLUE game but that's OK with me.
Then I headed down to a wooded area to see if anything might be there. There was. Trash, trash,trash and more trash. Then an old Victorian lock plate MAR 28, 12 #8.JPG which is just cool and might get incorporated into one of my steampunk projects.
Going down the hill to an old bridge I found the broken butcher knife. I did a quick look around for a body but thankfully didn't see any. found a few clad coins in the woods but mostly just trash so I headed back up to the grass and tot lot.
By this time my trash pouch was overflowing so I stopped to empty it at a trash can then headed off across the wood chips. Normally my f2 hates wood chips but it is fine with these and near the swing set I got a nickle signal, I love nickle signals because gold rings normally hit as nickles. So I reach for my digger and it wasn't there:dontknow:. So I marked my spot and started retracing my steps. I found the digger on the trashcan, snatched it up and headed back to the spot I had marked.
On the way there I heard that wonderful "BING" sound that usually indicates a quarter or big silver. Well I looked down and right under my coil was a nice little sterling silver ring, 4.3 grams :hello2: my first silver for the year. MAR 28, 12 #4.JPG
By now my time was running short and the rain clouds were building so after a quick lap around the tot lot I called it a day and headed back to the car. My last find was an old Seattle transit token, good for one fare which as near as I can determine is from the 40's. MAR 28, 12 #6.JPG
Then I headed home to clean, take pictures, post and grill up some nice porterhouse steaks ;D as I walked through the front door the rain started.:p That was a close one.
Total finds for the day 4 Dimes, 2 Nickles, 14 Pennies, One Canadian Nickle and 4.3 grams of Silver.
MAR 28, 12 #1.JPG
Thanks for looking and HH everyone.

Attachments

• MAR 28, 12 #2.JPG
    MAR 28, 12 #2.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
Upvote 1

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Any day out swinging is a good day.

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
According to the Transit News published in August 1959 by the Seattle Transit System, Mr. Becket was appointed to the first transit commission in August 1939 by Seattle's mayor. So this token most likely dates from the 1940s.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the finds and the story. Thanks for sharing.

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. That token is awesome, i get happy when i find the chuck-e-cheese ones lol

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Tockens are hard to come by.

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I did a little research on the token and there seams to have been two similar types produced under Evro Becket. One in 1940 and another in 45 or 46. As near as I can tell this is the 1940. Between that and the lock plate I think the area may have some real history and be worth more time. Thanks for the info skydog and thank you everyone else for your comments.
Cranky

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token. I don't find many tokens where I hunt.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a cool PepperBox pistol!!!!

OP
OP
crankyolman22

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token. I don't find many tokens where I hunt.
Thanks. I don't find many tokens either, although I have found a few car wash and Chuck-E-Cheese tokens and last year I found 2 Poverty Bay wine festival tokens. I live an Poverty Bay and thought about going to the wine festival and see if I could get some free wine with the tokens but got busy and missed the Festival :sad10: but there's always next year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread