Found a mini Cache!

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing to write to mother about, but still a good find none the less. Was at my grandmothers house looking for older keys that my little cousin (who's 6) lost a few weeks back. I had a quarter signal and dug about two inches and found this: IMG_1955.JPG
One of those rubber wallets/purses. Opened it up once I got home and the surprise... IMG_1956.JPG
Coin Jackpot!!!:hello2::headbang: After sifting through the dirt, this was what was in there:
IMG_1957.JPG
8 quarters, 2 nickels, 6 dimes and 6 pennies, nothing special. On a side note, I believe that this rubber wallet was lost sometime in the year 2000 because two pennies and a quarter have the year 2000 minted on them which is the latest year of all the other coins. Thanks for viewing! Good luck and happy hunting from the Granite state!!:skullflag:

Upvote 7

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehh :) Nice find :thumbsup: Last cache like that I found only thing left of the coin purse was the clasp and it was all 1970's vintage.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job.... does a horse / oxen shoe cache count.... Come on Frank and help me out... I know, NOTTTTTTTTTT.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find...I think it counts as a lost cache all the way...two inches is a bit shallow for burying one though....I'd have probably thought it out more and at least buried it six inches and made a double secret secret anti codebreaker map to go with it so I could find it someday.

OP
OP
krymesolvr93

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find...I think it counts as a lost cache all the way...two inches is a bit shallow for burying one though....I'd have probably thought it out more and at least buried it six inches and made a double secret secret anti codebreaker map to go with it so I could find it someday.

I don't think it was buried on purpose. I believe that it simply fell out and over the years with traffic, found it's way under the earth. Either way, never found that many coins in one place so I believe it still counts.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish your cache had been from the 30s or 40s and they were all shiny silver coins inside. That would have had you doing a Diggers Dance!

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I would have been like a kid opening a present dumping those coins out. Sweet find

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cache find!

Is does count. Limitool if it's the horse/oxen, doing the finding! You training them for something we don't know about?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread