found a nice stopper......

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
on my walk about on the ohio river the other day.....the jar lid is glass too....it has no threads....
100_1752.JPG

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds you have there. I have the top and bottom of that milk glass one. Think it is some kind of cold cream. I've always liked those. HH

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
back 50 years ago...and 50 years before that.....everybody burnt their paper trash and threw the bottles and jars and other junk ..."over the bank" waiting for ohio river to raise in the spring and winter to wash away the trash...ive found a few of these small bottle dumps and if you look in the roots of the giant maple trees and clay river banks youll finds lotsa good stufff...from archaric to modern times...in the 80 mile stretch from wheeling wv to marietta ohio theres prob thousands of these dumps...and countless others beyond that...from feb til the weeds take over its usually a productive walk...

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello duffy,

I like that stopper. Is the tip a pinkish glass, or is it picking up the color from the background? I wanna say it once graced a deco perfume bottle/

I believe the milk glass (is it a lid, or base) wold have contained salve or rouge, or a small cosmetic, unless that stopper is really large.

mzl.aprhnqpb.320x480-75.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread