DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.JPG 007.JPG 009.JPG 018.JPG Pulled these out of a place that they could make a movie out of, "Planet Of the Iron Infestations"I was happy to see the belt buckle turn up, kind of a shame it is civilian, but i love it all.Happy Hunting everyone!Happy New year!

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Belt buckles are such a cool find and don't show up often(at least under my coil lol). Somebody way back when cinched that baby up every morning before they headed out the door. That stuff is just extra special in my opinion. Cool find DI

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say emerald green is the prettiest color in the world since I started this obsession we call fun. What's the little buckle bottom left of the belt one in the second pic? Nice ones DI2.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big buckle is of a horse harness, & not a belt, or do you mean the smaller ones?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big buckle is of a horse harness, & not a belt, or do you mean the smaller ones?

Yeah it's kinda hard to tell by the size of his hand.
Buckles are cool finds esp, the older ones W/neat design & patina.
How would you preserve the Iron with out messing up the Green Patina?
Davers

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the buckles, the everyday, belonged to somebody, going somewhere, kinda things. I get hooked like everyone else on the coins sometimes, but not that much, I like the artifacts and you did fine. What do you think the longer round tubular thing at the top is? I find lots of plumbing and old gas fixture stuff, also garage tools, so that looks kinda neat too.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers
Honestly, because I get so many I don't even try & preserve the iron pin, so no idea.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Belt buckles are such a cool find and don't show up often(at least under my coil lol). Somebody way back when cinched that baby up every morning before they headed out the door. That stuff is just extra special in my opinion. Cool find DI
Thanks Ahab!They don't show up under my coil often enough either.How often does someone lose their belt buckle.I am still after one of those pine tree's:)

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say emerald green is the prettiest color in the world since I started this obsession we call fun. What's the little buckle bottom left of the belt one in the second pic? Nice ones DI2.
Thanks Old Dude,Green is one of my favorite colors too,obsession is right!I am not really sure what that little buckle might have been used for,something that had a very small strap is all I can tell you.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers
I usually wont mess with something like a iron tongue,Like Cru mentioned. I will usually just let them do their thing

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the buckles, the everyday, belonged to somebody, going somewhere, kinda things. I get hooked like everyone else on the coins sometimes, but not that much, I like the artifacts and you did fine. What do you think the longer round tubular thing at the top is? I find lots of plumbing and old gas fixture stuff, also garage tools, so that looks kinda neat too.
Thanks.I think it is some kind of fossett handle

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking about the larger one.Judging by its light construction and the way it was made I believe it to be a frame belt buckle. 001.JPG I put it with two modern frame buckles for comparison.Note the extra thin/light construction where the tongue is attached.People had to hold their pants up as well as horses :)I know their is no way to prove it for certainty but I think that is what it is. 004.JPG Here are a few of the harness/strap buckles I have found

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ahab!They don't show up under my coil often enough either.How often does someone lose their belt buckle.I am still after one of those pine tree's:)

Well I've got the same number of old belt buckles as I do tree coins lol. But I prob wouldn't trade the coin for a buckle. Here is my one and only belt buckle
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420058863.838730.jpg

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buckle,hell no I wouldn't trade that coin for just about anything I have ever found.Talk about Rare buddy

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice find,hell no I wouldn't trade that coin for just about anything I have ever found.

People probably won't believe this but it's the truth. I would much rather find that pts than I would a more modern coin that's worth a lot more money. That tree coin has just always represented the ultimate in early colonial finds for me and it's kind of like a unicorn. Never thought I'd actually see one lol. I truly hope you find one some day. I wish I could bottle up that feeling and store it. Better than any drug or drink could ever be

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt,Its got it all going for it,Early colonial ,rare and valuable,and over all a really neat coin.With my luck sometimes,I would probably have a better chance of finding a unicorn:laughing7:But man you found one,which says you could possibly find another?Oh yeah ,finding stuff like that is the ultimate opiate, of course I always like to celebrate finds with some beer,which can be problem.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt,Its got it all going for it,Early colonial ,rare and valuable,and over all a really neat coin.With my luck sometimes,I would probably have a better chance of finding a unicorn:laughing7:But man you found one,which says you could possibly find another?Oh yeah ,finding stuff like that is the ultimate opiate, of course I always like to celebrate finds with some beer,which can be problem.
I do a pretty weird looking Irish jig and I say "No f*€%ing way" over and over and........at least I did when I found that coin. Might have celebrated with a Guiness or a glass of Merlot :-)

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a pretty weird looking Irish jig and I say "No f*€%ing way" over and over and........at least I did when I found that coin. Might have celebrated with a Guiness or a glass of Merlot :-)
I would have been dancing too,some stuff seems unbelievable to find but it is out there.This is by far the rarest coin i have found in 20 years of hunting.Unfortunitly it was really deep in ground that had allot of gravel,and I think when I pulled it up its edge rubbed against the gravel,I turned a 10 or 12 thousand dollar coin into about a 4 thousand $ coin because of that little bit of damage.I am a little disgusted with myself for it.I could probably dig clad and wheat cents all day long without touching them,but I go to dig the rarest coin of my life and damage the darn thing ! But it didn't keep me from dancing:)Man you like the exspensive stuff,guiness is good beer,but to rich for my wallet 009.JPG 010.JPG 1794 flowing hair half dime

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have been dancing too,some stuff seems unbelievable to find but it is out there.This is by far the rarest coin i have found in 20 years of hunting.Unfortunitly it was really deep in ground that had allot of gravel,and I think when I pulled it up its edge rubbed against the gravel,I turned a 10 or 12 thousand dollar coin into about a 4 thousand $ coin because of that little bit of damage.I am a little disgusted with myself for it.I could probably dig clad and wheat cents all day long without touching them,but I go to dig the rarest coin of my life and damage the darn thing ! But it didn't keep me from dancing:)Man you like the exspensive stuff,guiness is good beer,but to rich for my wallet View attachment 1099810 View attachment 1099811

Oh man I'm so glad you posted that beautiful coin! These early silver coins are the most beautiful coins out there. Wow that's a rare one. Don't you worry about my tree coin when you've got one of those up your sleeve lol

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would have been dancing too,some stuff seems unbelievable to find but it is out there.This is by far the rarest coin i have found in 20 years of hunting.Unfortunitly it was really deep in ground that had allot of gravel,and I think when I pulled it up its edge rubbed against the gravel,I turned a 10 or 12 thousand dollar coin into about a 4 thousand $ coin because of that little bit of damage.I am a little disgusted with myself for it.I could probably dig clad and wheat cents all day long without touching them,but I go to dig the rarest coin of my life and damage the darn thing ! But it didn't keep me from dancing:)Man you like the exspensive stuff,guiness is good beer,but to rich for my wallet

OMGosh! That 1794 is in unreal condition! What a sweet find that is! You mean those t i n y scratches on that edge dropped the value that much? Ouch. Still, amazing find. How long ago and did you find it in Va.?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread