DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.JPG 007.JPG 009.JPG 018.JPG Pulled these out of a place that they could make a movie out of, "Planet Of the Iron Infestations"I was happy to see the belt buckle turn up, kind of a shame it is civilian, but i love it all.Happy Hunting everyone!Happy New year!

Last edited:
Upvote 4
OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man I'm so glad you posted that beautiful coin! These early silver coins are the most beautiful coins out there. Wow that's a rare one. Don't you worry about my tree coin when you've got one of those up your sleeve lol
They are beautiful,I think they used a purer grade of silver back then too. No sir, that pine tree has been on my wish list since I started

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMGosh! That 1794 is in unreal condition! What a sweet find that is! You mean those t i n y scratches on that edge dropped the value that much? Ouch. Still, amazing find. How long ago and did you find it in Va.?
thanks,yeah I took it to a show and thatis what some of the experts said, rim damage.They are tough when it comes to grading coins.I found it about a couple years ago in V.a

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!! You have no idea what you just did to me looking at that coin.
I think thats the most beautiful thing i ever saw!!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!! You have no idea what you just did to me looking at that coin.
I think thats the most beautiful thing i ever saw!!!!

George that's not supposed to happen from looking at a coin bro lol. Maybe you should go easy on the lil blue pills

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking about the larger one.Judging by its light construction and the way it was made I believe it to be a frame belt buckle. View attachment 1099760 I put it with two modern frame buckles for comparison.Note the extra thin/light construction where the tongue is attached.People had to hold their pants up as well as horses :)I know their is no way to prove it for certainty but I think that is what it is. View attachment 1099776 Here are a few of the harness/strap buckles I have found

Sorry, but there are a few ways you can be sure that its horse related & not people:

Its a brass & iron pin combination - very common on horses (maybe late 19th C- Early 20th C)
It has a slightly offset strap bar - used on horses to take a heavy leather strap, which is not used on humans
Another clue is the heavy use of the strap bar which has wear from the pin, this occurs with continuous heavy handed use, not needed on a belt.
Single Loop Rectangular Buckle - UK Finds Database -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread