Found a penny and something else.

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this morning to a local park just to kill some time and found the usual trash, pull tabs, foil, and a 2 zincs. As I was headed back to my scooter I got a solid quarter signal I got down To dig and it seemed as if some one had plugged the area already. I pulled on the grass and about 3" down found 6 clad quarters, $260 in 20's and a ziplock full of weed. Everything went in my pouch and I put the plug back.

What would you do in this case since I like everything I found?

Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I would have ditched the weed. You don't want a arrest record.

OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about that but it is a public park right next to the public pool there are always kids there. I didn't want a kid to stumble upon it. I called a friend and he is going to help me "dispose" of it.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out this morning to a local park just to kill some time and found the usual trash, pull tabs, foil, and a 2 zincs. As I was headed back to my scooter I got a solid quarter signal I got down To dig and it seemed as if some one had plugged the area already. I pulled on the grass and about 3" down found 6 clad quarters, $260 in 20's and a ziplock full of weed. Everything went in my pouch and I put the plug back.

What would you do in this case since I like everything I found?

would smoke the weed keep the money and put the quarters in my booty collection and call it a good day :)

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
In Reading, this doesn't surprise me a bit :laughing7:
Nice job on the stack of bills, but personally I'd avoid that area like the plague for a few months..........someone is going to be looking for their stash.

OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tparker805 said:
would smoke the weed keep the money and put the quarters in my booty collection and call it a good day :)

This seems like a logical plan those quarters could be used to buy munches afterwards lol.

OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djm of PA said:
In Reading, this doesn't surprise me a bit :laughing7:
Nice job on the stack of bills, but personally I'd avoid that area like the plague for a few months..........someone is going to be looking for their stash.

This is a really nice area a couple of miles west of Reading a lot of big expensive houses. Hell it was in Wyomissing park near the High school and pool. It surprised me that this was in the area.

MrNelson

May 2, 2012
Fernandina Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Whatever you do, stay away from the area you found it in. Whoever is missing that stash will put two and two together when they see a person in the area with a metal detector...

rhedden

Mar 23, 2003
Eastern NY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex
Sounds like a better than avg. day in Reading. That is, you came back a little richer and didn't get shot by the local "wildlife". I agree with the suggestion of not going back there with a detector!

OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rhedden said:
Sounds like a better than avg. day in Reading. That is, you came back a little richer and didn't get shot by the local "wildlife". I agree with the suggestion of not going back there with a detector!

I'll be back there towards the end of summer.

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid has a metal detector, hence the quarters on top so he could locate it, would be the greatest stash spot in the world, if he owned the only detector lol
you should at least leave a thank you note!!! It's the least you can do! LOL!!
Ps; I would definitely "dispose" of that marijuana immediately haha

There's more weed in the suburbs than in the city

Last edited:

Nightibis

Sep 5, 2011
Rock Hill, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking the same thing. The quarters were his marker. He's probably already come back looking for it. Paper money rots in the ground if left to long and weed goes stale. I definately would avoid that area with a detector for a bit. Maybe for fun, you could return the quarters and a bag of roach.

Me, I probably would have taken the cash and left the weed. If is close to kids, maybe burned it in the hole or led the cops to it minus the cash. At least let them in on the unique way, (I am assuming because you found cash and weed), that some dealer was conducting his business.

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nightibis said:
I was thinking the same thing. The quarters were his marker. He's probably already come back looking for it. Paper money rots in the ground if left to long and weed goes stale. I definately would avoid that area with a detector for a bit. Maybe for fun, you could return the quarters and a bag of roach.

Me, I probably would have taken the cash and left the weed. If is close to kids, maybe burned it in the hole or led the cops to it minus the cash. At least let them in on the unique way, (I am assuming because you found cash and weed), that some dealer was conducting his business.

Haha I was going to say leave a joint and the quarters with a thank you note!

OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid has a metal detector, hence the quarters on top so he could locate it, would be the greatest stash spot in the world, if he owned the only detector lol
you should at least leave a thank you note!!! It's the least you can do! LOL!!
Ps; I would definitely "dispose" of that marijuana immediately haha

There's more weed in the suburbs than in the city

I thought about leaving the quarters with a note. LOL

OP
OP
lorddean13

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at my "find" and the bills are crisp, it isn't stale, good size buds, no seeds or stems. I am going to put the cash in the bank and order my DD 11" coil putting jay and Silent Bob strikes back into the DVD player and enjoying my "cache". As for that park I'll avoid it for the time being and hit up some other areas like Blue Marsh.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say nice find and would have to celebrant , beats the hell out of digging that much one coin at a time:laughing7:. Sure hope no other MDer goes searching that place for a while that might not be good for them....

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I woulda took the cash and left the stash

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lorddean13 said:
I was looking at my "find" and the bills are crisp, it isn't stale, good size buds, no seeds or stems. I am going to put the cash in the bank and order my DD 11" coil putting jay and Silent Bob strikes back into the DVD player and enjoying my "cache". As for that park I'll avoid it for the time being and hit up some other areas like Blue Marsh.

I would not admit to being a pot smoker on a public forum. You Never know who will read it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread