Found a Penny!!!!!!

reskinsrock

Oct 23, 2006
The only place I have ever really detected is my side yard and I must have hit it 30 - 40 times. Had 15 miinutes of spare time and went out and decided to dig all signals. First 10 signals were nails but the last signal was a 1906 indian head penny. this is my first coin older than 1982. How do you clean it without messing it up, and how much is it worth. I am so excited.
P.S. I found with a radio shack detector, and am getting an Ace 250 pro for christmas, so I will be hitting it again.

Upvote 0
D

dugupfinds

Warm water with a soft brush (toothbrush). Dry in tissue & leave to stand in room temp to completely dry, then put away.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on fiinding your 1st IH. ;D

;) RR

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Congratulations on your first IH!! Isn't it exciting? ;D

The more common date IH's like 1906 are only worth a couple of dollars in average condition. Still better than a silver rosie at about eighty cents. :D

First try soaking in olive oil and then a toothbrush. We have had good results with Q-tips dipped in amonia. Try first on the back and work a small area to see how it's responding. It might take a half dozen tips or so. As long as you are still getting crude on the Q-tip keep at it.

Good luck.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread