Found a Prussian CW Bullet while hunting with VOL and Dman

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75
If you read my recent post from the night hunt I took Quindy and Doug on you may recall that we recovered several U.S. bullets. The bullets were covered with dirt and we didn't clean them that night because Doug and Quindy had a long drive home. Yesterday I finally got around to cleaning my finds from that hunt. One of the bullets has two rings and measures almost exactly like the M&M #286 which is a Purssian Pattern Variant in a rare .673 caliber used by both U.S. and C.S. All relics at that site bave been what we believe to be U.S. Infantry to date. I called Quindy and told him and he said the CW price guide lists it at $22-25. This is one of the rarest bullets that I have ever dug. Thanks for looking and HH. Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a pretty rare type CW bullet and caliber for Middle Tennessee Andy. I recall only digging a couple of Prussian bullets. They were both from CS Camps and certainly not that caliber. Your site is full of surprises. I missed that one when you made the pic as they were so dirty. Doug missed it because he was anticipating his hour and a half nap on the way home-LOL. WTG Andy. There's another first for your growing CW collection. HH, Quindy.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
VOL1266-X said:
That's a pretty rare type CW bullet and caliber for Middle Tennessee Andy. I recall only digging a couple of Prussian bullets. They were both from CS Camps and certainly not that caliber. Your site is full of surprises. I missed that one when you made the pic as they were so dirty. Doug missed it because he was anticipating his hour and a half nap on the way home-LOL. WTG Andy. There's another first for your growing CW collection. HH, Quindy.
I wouldn't take a nap if the conversation hadn't been so boring. ;D
Dman

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find in this Tennessee heat

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice One....I found my first one this year.Keep on diggin' that site :icon_thumright:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I have dug only one of that type (2-ring, Prussian .67 cal) in 18 years of digging. :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great reason to go back and find another! :thumbsup: Congrats, Dixie.

Dman said:
VOL1266-X said:
I wouldn't take a nap if the conversation hadn't been so boring. ;D
Dman

Well, you missed out on great conversation Tuesday evening, Burt.... and a great steak and tater! ;D
OH...and the gumbo was to die for too! :D
Nana :hello:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Great find! I have dug only one of that type (2-ring, Prussian .67 cal) in 18 years of digging. :thumbsup:
Hey Buck you DO NOT know how good that make's me feel ;D......You want to trade some grommet's for it :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I believe the Yankees and Confederates both camped on that spot . Too many different kinds of bullets.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread