Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you for doing the right thing. I can only imagine that in her haste to get out of town for the weekend she left her wallet on top of her car and drove away. Maybe she'll get to her location and realize she's missing something. Hopefully before she runs out of gas and stops to fill up... but can't.

You could try searching her name and address and see if a number comes up?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
being a decent human being is its own reward ( much like jobe may the lords favor shine upon you for doing the right thing when tested ) --but a thank you wouldn't hurt and cost nothing

once I tried returning a class ring to a young girl... tried 3 times to return it ..she would never set a turnover meeting --finally I found her grandma (that the gal lived with) and returned it to her ,,,seems "grandma" paid for the ring and the replacement one as well --and when granny asked where it was found at --and was told the beach --she said --humm --she said she lost it at school --seems the gal had been playing hookie and was hanging out swimming at the beach with a "boy" granny did not approve of around the time of "loss"... looks like by not setting a turnover with me --that her cat got out the bag,,, karma time explaining her lie to granny ...LOL

Last edited:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call the employer ASAP & ask if they know where she is & last time seen at work.
call local PD & ask they do a "check the welfare" at residence, they will have ways of eliminating possible foul play
her safety is primary concern

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your doing the right thing, good on you.

I returned a similar ladies bag, with less cash but it did have her weed in it as well. My X & I rang her sister on her mobile phone which was in the bag. Got loads of abuse & when they came to pick it up, I didn't even get a thank-you. Some people are just idiots, it made me think I should have just handed in to the Police Station. However, it won't stop me doing the same again.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
Outstanding TooManyHobbies! I'm gonna sit right here until we hear what she says to ya.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
For safety sake, I would call the State police. This woman is probably going nuts. I would be. Perhaps she has called the police, but where they going to look?? Only we know.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done, sir!
HH
dts

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it to the police station or we may see this headline tomorrow:

"Connecticut woman missing, local metal detectorist detained for questioning!"

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: "The man being held in the disappearance of a Connecticut woman had dirt under his fingernails and a shovel in the trunk of his vehicle!"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Returned a few wallets and purses over the years to the owners. Some were grateful and other looked upon me like I was the reason for their loss. The funnest one was a purse that had everything still in it except for cash. I called up the real estate broker, and told her that I had found the purse while detecting in a ravine at a large park. She told me that it was smash and grab from her car a few years prior. We agreed to meet at a local coffee shop, I could tell that she was somewhat uneasy about the return. I was courteous and declined a small reward she had offered, on that she was gone like a shot. I chucked to myself that there must of been a dozen condom packs in the bottom of the purse.:)

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good karma headed your way.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job whether you get recognition or not. Doing the right thing is never wrong.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good on you for getting back to her!! Unfortunately, most would just keep the cash and cards and ditch the rest. Cause her lots of problems. I've found a few wallets. Always return em [emoji106]๐Ÿป

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing. Most would have taken the cash. And caused alot of problems with her credit cards.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work, I was hoping to read that she contacted you, wonder what is taking so long. Shame she is probably taking so long canceling all the cards?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
nice, she got lucky it was found by an honest person
still i think i would contact LE as a Birth Cert. is an odd
item to carry around, usually only needed for drive lic.
passport, public assistance/housing, or on the run from
a bad hubby/bf
hope you hear from her soon

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never known a woman to not know where their purse is after and hour and this being a Holiday weekend I would turn it over to the Police. She may be in trouble.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention in order here!

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to ride my bicycle to work every day. One day I was riding home and I passed a wallet on the roadside. I picked it up- no cash, only license and credit cards.
I called the owner and sent his wallet back to him- I found out his house was robbed. I told him I worked for an alarm company and sent him a business card with the wallet. Then I find out the next week, I am being investigated as a suspect! I guess that was too much of a coincidence for the police. Sometimes doesn't pay to go the extra step!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread