JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an e-mail on Wednesday from a buddy at my MD club. I have changed the names and numbers to protect the innocent:

Hey Jim!
Thanks again for getting this info to the club members! Ok, so she says that he lost is in New Smyrna Beach off of 97th street in the water. She says it was High tide. She drew me this very cool map of the beach ramp and where he lost it, I just have to figure out how to relay it to you! ok, so when you drive onto the beach from the ramp, you can only go left. to the right is a no drive area marked off by posts going into the water for a bit. Apparently, they were only about as far out as the second to last post in the ocean when this happened. and as for distance
from the ramp, there are the parking posts lining the beach. They were about as far north as the second post. So they were very close to the beach ramp. She said this was at approx 6:00-6:30 pm. The current was pulling north. It is a solid white gold (turning yellow?) mens wedding band size about 11 or 12, no inscription, and kind of thin for a mens wedding band. Thank you again for passing this along!

So my buddy, who is the local White's dealer forwards this and adds:

Below is a email from friend of mine. Bad thing I haven't told her yet. Someone was in my work earlier complaining I've sold too many machines, that there was close to 20 people around 97th street detecting today. Sooo. Its a shot in the dark that a club member may have found it already. Or may be going that way some time. Thanks

I just bought the Excal from the widow of a long time club member, so I thought it would be as good a spot to check out as any. I started between pole 1 and 2, hoping to have enough time before dark to get the equal distance past pole 2 if needed. It wasn't needed. I found it in about 20 minutes:

ring.jpg

Can't forget about the clad!

coins.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met the guy today. He confirmed that it was his ring. He said, "I can't believe it, I never thought I would see this again."

tony.jpg

Jack

Attachments

• tony.jpg
    tony.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 368

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions: