Found a silver ant nest!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
These finds are from Friday, when we hit a couple lake beaches with my friend for about two hours.

It was cold again. Every night seem to be a frost night these days, but have to hunt as much as possible before it's impossible! Couldn't get any digging pictures because my phone's battery decided to die on me >:(

First beach gave us nothing worth mentioning, but when hit the second one, my buddy found almost instantly a nice silver ring just laying in the grass, so it was a recent loss. After that I got a somewhat crappy reading on the E-Trac, and almost walked over it, but it turned out to be my first silver ring for the night. I filled the hole, and my buddy yelled at me that he found a gold chain. I walked there to see it, but it turned out to be just some junk. But the next hole produced him a very worn "support war invalids" silver ring from 1944! :headbang:

I started to work on the same small grass area, and soon I pulled a ring with ant's nesting in it! Ant's seem to be rich these days, with rooms made of silver! LOL ;D Sadly, I had to stole their fortune! :tongue3:

Swinging my way back to the car, I pulled out the last ring, which turned out to be my second Peace ring for the season! :D :icon_scratch:

Only €4.50 ($6.63) this time.

Attachments

• Ring 2 with ants.jpg
    Ring 2 with ants.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 982
  • Ring 2 with ants 2.jpg
    Ring 2 with ants 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 969
  • Ring 2 with ants 3.jpg
    Ring 2 with ants 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 960
  • Ring 2 with ants 4.jpg
    Ring 2 with ants 4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 963
  • Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 956
  • Ring 1.jpg
    Ring 1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 957
  • Ring 2.jpg
    Ring 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 959
  • Ring 3.jpg
    Ring 3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 946
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Yes those lion rings were sold for war invalids during WW2 in Finland :icon_thumleft:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread