Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was an amazing 45F and sunny day in the area where I work yesterday but seemed like summer. I was able to get out for 1.5 hours on a plowed field, unfortunately, I was down wind from a freshly sprayed with manure field. My nose is still burning, LOL, how insulting! This field is near a natural spring outside a town that was first mentioned in the archives around 763 AD, the stone monument was erected in 1997 when they worked it so the water would run off like a small stream. Here?s the field.
normal_24Feb06field.jpg

This flock of Ravens or large black crows just didn?t want to get out of the way while driving to the field.
normal_24Feb06ravens.jpg

After an hour of digging trash, I finally found this little 1843 silver 1 Kreuzer coin, was the only keeper of the day but that?s OK. Here?s the obverse.
normal_24Feb06kreuzO.jpg

Reverse of the 1843
normal_24Feb06kreuzR.jpg

Here?s the finds from Wednesday?s hunt, lower right is a hunters badge called a rondel worn on a hat. A hunter will often put a feather behind it from a bird that is just a little terrorist as they tear things up. It?s legal to shoot them here. I once had one dig out several plugs on a grassy field, had to go back fill the holes in. HH and thanks for looking, Mike
normal_22Feb06finds.jpg

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs Mike, Congrats!!!
It just freaks me out hearing about dates that far back. I guess being here in U.S., I'm just not used to it....
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
SEEMED LIKE SUMMER....????

Mike,

Good work with your silver coin ! Here on our coast it was almost FREEZING the last few days + a very very cold north wind. IT WAS REALLY WINTER :( ...

Well : good luck, Mike !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Mike,glad you got out. :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a find! 1843! Awesome find!

And that badge is quite a find too!

I bet 45 was quite pleasant after those cold hunts from last month!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread