Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Good Sgt and I did a quick sweep of our area last night. I got a strong 72 on my G2 and out popped a dark tube. The Good Sgt had no idea what it was, but being an Ex-Pat from 'Old Blighty' I recognized it as a whistle. :sign13:

Other than the whistle, some clad and copper piping, it was a non-descript MDing event. I think I will have to start MDing at another area in the mainside area.

Anyway, I totally forgot about photographing the whistle before cleaning. :BangHead: I cleaned it off last night and took photos this morning.

I am heading home on leave today for my wedding anniversary, so I will polish it up and post photos later this week. My son gets to see all the silver coins, a three ringer, and the colonial buttons I have found since I started MDing. He doesn't know it but he is also getting a BH-T4. we have a city park on the next block over from the house so who knows what he will find.

HH everyone!!

Attachments

• Whistle.JPG
    Whistle.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 733
  • Whistle (1).JPG
    Whistle (1).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 730
Upvote 0

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Anniversary, Papa Bear
Enjoy your time with the Family, and Thank you again for your Service to our Country.
Best wishes for you and your Family.
Kevin

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
worldtalker said:
P B,Cool Whistle!!! Thank you for your Service! God Bless

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting it polished up! I am assuming that the lanyard loop snapped off at some point and may have been the reason that it was lost.

leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose.....congrats on the anniversary and looking forward to seeing you wetting the whistle me bouy!

Thank you kind Sir! I am sure that I will be sipping on a fine Scotch soon. The whistle actually works! I was walking around my building today tooting away.....

K Zack said:
Happy Anniversary, Papa Bear
Enjoy your time with the Family, and Thank you again for your Service to our Country.
Best wishes for you and your Family.
Kevin

Thanks Buddy! It will be good to see them again. I am looking forward to the end of June when I wll be home for good.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a cool find !

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone!! I am home now. I will get it polished up and posted by the weekend. PB

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kewl find and enjoy your time at home. I salute you sir. Sounds like you are enjoying that new detector.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice whistle, tut tut! Detecting around the Army/Marine bases can be interesting. HH, Mike

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that looks a lot like a old police whistle (english bobbies used em --so did us cops) or maybe a military police or navy bosn's whistle

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your going to have some time off, maybe you will have more time to Detect :laughing9:Nice whistle and Happy anniversary papa bear, I am sure your boy will like the new Detector, good hunting :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread