found an 1841-o seated dime

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
so after researching some old cw camp sites and getting permission to hunt on one that's out in a field i went out for about an hour and found the usual iron treasures (square nails) a button back and an 1841-o seated dime and man was this thing deep it was about 9" down and rang out just as clear as if it was on the top of the dirt with my old mxt. its in pretty rough shape the front is almost smooth but you can still see the date some starts around the rim and some of the lady in the middle. the back deff. fared better than the front did you can barely make out the o mint mark and the words "one dime" but the rest is in pretty good shape. its my oldest coin i have dug that is larger than a 1c. i dug a large cent a couple years ago happy looking the pic's kinda suck but you get the idea

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    850.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    861.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
bcs123

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
thanks. yea it did make my day. i had a hard time concentrating after that coin so it made it a little easier to leave since i was about out of time for the day any way

U

umrgolf

Great find man! Very happy you found your first coin from a CW camp today :thumbsup:

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice seated

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job On The Seated Dime! I Hope You Find Many More Awesome Finds From That Site! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bcs123

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
Great find man! Very happy you found your first coin from a CW camp today :thumbsup:

thanks man i have been around a lot of people over the years hunting cw sites who found old silver and today was finally my turn to get into the seated coin club have found a few barbers and been within 20' of people digging seateds so i was quite excited when i pulled it out the dirt..

bethisa2j

Sep 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool!!! I can't wait to find my first one!!! Great job!!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread