Found an interesting token on the beach today

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
I had a long weekend of hunting. I actually took off work on Friday to search a new beach. I learned that the fishing pier was originally at a different location than where it is now. So I drove by there on Wednesday and found the location and also saw that just a short way north was a renurishment project coming right at it. It was already getting dark so I stopped by again on Thursday and they were a lot closer than the day before. So I decided to take the day off a hunt it on Friday, cause in a very short time this beach would be under 10 feet of sand. I probably should have gone to work. After 2 hours of hunting I only recovered 4 targets, a rock with wire mesh in it, 2 fish hooks and a zinc penny.

any way the total for the weekend was 3 silver earrings, about $15 in clad, and a very interesting token. it is a TOFA token which means "Token of Appreciation" it has a serial number and a website www.tofa.us where you can look to see if it is registered. I checked and it was not registered yet, but it is now. The serial no is 5638.

HH
Digger

Attachments

• theToken_front.jpg
    theToken_front.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 726
  • theToken_back.jpg
    theToken_back.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very clear photos and nice find.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I went to that site (tofa.us) and typed in the tracking number 1023 (hard to read the first number on your token) but it said it wasn't registered.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That's a fun little trackable coin !

Probably most fun to go out and lose it somewhere !

Best
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread