Found An Old Ax

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went this morning to hunt an old house of the early 1800's in downtown with my Compadre. I worked on a 15x15 grid dug a whole bunch of trash in two hrs my best find of this morning was about old ax at about 8" deep. I'll be going back later today.

ForumRunner_20150208_140935.png

ForumRunner_20150208_140950.png

Upvote 3

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice axe head. Should be more there so go slow.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That old house looks like a killer spot! I love doing places like that. There is a good chance for an old coin or two around there.

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know... :) ... but I do it on the weekends. I don't feel good doing this during business hours of city hall right across from it...Lol.
Cops and Border stopped by this morning and asked "Any Finds?" "Just an Old Ax." I answered. They smiled and drove off. It's just right across the Rio Grande River. It even has a well full of water in the back how much stuff could of been dropped thru the years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Old Ax Head 24 hrs later after cleaning with vinegar.

ForumRunner_20150209_200521.png

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice old single-bit ax. A little wire brush should finish cleaning that up for use! Great looking old place. I betya find some good coins there too.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat find! Yeah I agree with the other posts, bet there will be some coins and such. HH

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know... :) ... but I do it on the weekends. I don't feel good doing this during business hours of city hall right across from it...Lol.
Cops and Border stopped by this morning and asked "Any Finds?" "Just an Old Ax." I answered. They smiled and drove off. It's just right across the Rio Grande River. It even has a well full of water in the back how much stuff could of been dropped thru the years.

I feel the same way you do about that type of stuff. I dont want to raise too many eyebrows detecting in prominent places. Up here, there's a lot of fussy old biddies that would piss and moan to the town office about it I am sure.

Ciudad Miguel is right across the river from you. I spent a few nights in jail there back in the late 70's. Drunken GIs doing stupid stuff were not welcome back then, lol. It may be different then. All we were looking for was tequila and strippers. Wish I were back there now eating some of the fantastic street food and chugging a Modelo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread