Found and old Indian and two silver sweeties near old swimming hole

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I was walking a newly found abandoned road when I came to a stream crossing. Upstream side had a nice rock wall and a well cleared walk path. I followed it for a while and came to a little dam. Water was about three feet deep. One bank looked like it had been somewhat improved vs. the others. I searched for around an hour and found these three coins. Not too many targets but these are the best of the best for today.
I'm hooked on searching in the woods! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 040208.JPG
    040208.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Looks like your radar is working well Will...really nice finds. The Buffalo looks to be in great condition :thumbsup:

HH
MichiganRob

OP
OP
radarwill

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
TreasureTales said:
You're having a great Spring. The other day you got that super nice Reale and now you got these beauties. Nice work. I admit I'm jealous. :wink: :'(

What can I say, I have learned lots from you my fellow members.
Actually, I'm in to an area once active then abandoned and it seems never detected.
Location, Location, Location!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the coins, they are in great shape esp. the Buffalo WTG radarwill :thumbsup:
Glenn

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Congrats on your finds. I am hooked on 'woods hunting' also...My best finds seem to always be near old stone walls or foundations. Looking forward to seeing what else you find there.

OP
OP
radarwill

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
zoyboy said:
Did you find the coins in the water?

Kyle

No they were not in the water. Actually I'd say they were not even in dirt!
I found all three coins within 2 feet of each other. They were doen maybe 3", burried in pine needles and other non dirt kind of stuff. I think as the tree grew, it pushed the coins up and out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread