Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I decided to get in one more end of the season "water" hunt at my favorite park, Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/presqueisle.aspx The park is about 35 miles from where I live. From the dig spots in the sand I could tell that the beaches had been recently hunted. The waves were high enough that I could only get out about waist deep. After about an hour of hunting I scooped up a titanium wedding band. There was a name and date engraved on the outside of the ring.
Ring2.jpg
Ring1.jpg

With an attendance of more than 4 million visitors a year at the park, I thought I might not have much luck finding the ring's owner. When I got home I pulled out our phone book which includes phone numbers for Erie, PA. Low and behold there was a matching name in the phone book and the person lived in a small village about 5 miles from where I live. I called him up and during the conversation I learned that the ring belonged to his wife. She was at the beach a few weeks ago and threw a stone into the lake and her wedding band followed it into the water. She was not home when I took the ring to them so I returned it to her husband. He had talked to his wife and they were pretty happy to get the ring back and couldn't believe I had found it.

Ring3.jpg

He offered me a small reward which I declined BUT I did get permission to hunt the yard of their 100+ year old home.

F

Felinepeachy

Schrecky, what a sweetheart you are. I bet his wife was thrilled.
JC_doubleup.gif

Laie_22.gif

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You earned some good karma today. Good job! :icon_thumleft:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and with a quick return to boot :icon_salut:. Plus you get to hunt his yard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread