Found another hole in the ground

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Me and my cousin are working out on a ranch and have permission to look around we found what appears to be a hole in solid rock that goes down about ten feet then there is a lot of dirt and rocks ran over it with metal detector today didnt get any good solid signals so I think were going to dig it we spent an hour diggin today( our lunch hour), what is unusual about this hole is it is in the top of a mountain goin straight down it doesnt look hand dug it looks natural, but shure would be a good place to stash stuff (gold ;D I hope)

Attachments

• HPIM0679.JPG
    HPIM0679.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 952
  • HPIM0681.JPG
    HPIM0681.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 953
P

PrizmIV

I live in Alabama and we have caves left and right, and that cave to me doesnt look natural because of how its straight down and how the rocks line up almost perfect around the hole on the second pic. HH Jonathan

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Great place for snakes and all kinds of critters...depending on what part of the country you are in...hope you find some cool stuff. Keep us posted.

Dave

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That kinda looks like an old well.....Up the road from me is an old place that has a well that resembles the one you have found...

Hope you find lots of gold in them thar hills!

Nana :D

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Watch out! I once found a sinkhole that was smaller than that and went down about 100'. If a log or two falls in and gets covered by leaves it could create a false bottom, so watch out!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDnoob said:
Watch out!? I once found a sinkhole that was smaller than that and went down about 100'.? If a log or two falls in and gets covered by leaves it could create a false bottom, so watch out!
Absolutely ,be careful and take safety ropes with you as I have seen this before also.Good luck with your hunt,hopefully there is something there.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make a sifter for those things that may not be able to be detected. Please post new pics and info when you have some.
Could also be a sinkhole from a large ancient river system. Regardless, it is bound to have some sort of nice treasures in it. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread