figure11.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3,085
Upvote 0

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Hello Carolinadigs,
I used to live in Central America for many years, and it looks Mayan to me. I'm pretty sure it is. Where is your Farm???

OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
aleman said:
Hello Carolinadigs,
I used to live in Central America for many years, and it looks Mayan to me. I'm pretty sure it is. Where is your Farm???
[/quote

In Wayne County NC , It borders the Little River , here I have found wonderful Indian artifacts , but this one being the most unsual. :)

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
That is very interesting!!!!!!!!!! I am very sure that it is central american. I have seen many of these figures. And the chinese expresion they have is nothing unusual. See the pic! Can you take it to some arqueologist? It would be very interesting to see if he knows anything about how it got there. The Atztecs used to go on long jorneys to purchase and sell different things. Or maybe earlier than the Atztecs,..... In a Mayan City on the west border of Honduras they found artifacts from Theotihuacan (Mexico). aleman

Attachments

• figure.jpg
    figure.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,927
OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
aleman said:
That is very interesting!!!!!!!!!! I am very sure that it is central american. I have seen many of these figures. And the chinese expresion they have is nothing unusual. See the pic! Can you take it to some arqueologist? It would be very interesting to see if he knows anything about how it got there. The Atztecs used to go on long jorneys to purchase and sell different things. Or maybe earlier than the Atztecs,..... In a Mayan City on the west border of Honduras they found artifacts from Theotihuacan (Mexico). aleman
[/quote

Thank you, I possibly could have it checked out at out Museum in Raleigh NC. Until discovering this wonderful TN Site , I had given little thought to it until today. Its' Just always been here at home with me. :)

waldopeppa

Jan 16, 2005
take a few high quality photos of it and email to Sotheby's , Chrities, and Doyle galleries in NYC.

They have free online appraisals.

Walt

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey arnold,didn't i see these things on sale at druckers general store?

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Just for the heck of it, I would call Sotheby's New York at 212-606-7000 and ask for the Pre-Columbian dept. According to an old catalog I have Stacy Goodman is the expert in charge of that dept. Speak to her about your find and then email her a picture. She'll then get back to you with what she thinks it is and the approximate value (if any). I'm going to go out on a limb, and give you my opinion as to what the item may be. Since it was found in the Carolinas and though it does have age, I think it might be a very old reproduction piece of garden statuary or decorative item from the early 20th century.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Arnold Ziffel said:
detectordave said:
Isn't that the idol that Greg Brady found and had to return to the cave? Awesome find anyways. HH dave.
that's exactly what I was thinking! :D

Heh, I think Greg Brady's idol was a little bitty one he wore on a necklace. That looks a little heavy to wear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread