Found at a "virgin park" - never detected before

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
This is only the second time I've found a small park that has never been scoured by people with metal detectors.
I covered just under 25% of it. Will go back again ASAP!
Finds0106.jpg

Upvote 24

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be blunt, but what makes you believe it's never been detected before?

Nice finds. But im just curious

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only park thats never been hunted before is one that just been created today.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Uncle Vinnys, but I gotta agree with Jason...if that park is more than a week old...you can just about bet your first silver dime that it’s been hit, several times. BUT...never let that stop you as I’ve found plenty good stuff from hard hit sites, seems that gravity still works and people are still dropping nice things. So get back there and hit another 25% and fill that pouch up...Ddf

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a school near my house that has a football/baseball/soccer field complex. I was getting ready to hit it (again) during the summer and a guy stopped by and told me not to bother cuz he had “cleaned it out”. Since then, I’ve pulled out 3 silver rings, 2 silver crosses (one of which was very old and deep), a silver Mickey Mouse charm, 4 IHP’s and a ton of clad. If I hadn’t known better, I’d of thought it was a virgin spot. I have spoken with that guy a few time since and he showed me the machine he used, must have been 20 years old, radio shack I think. Anyway, every time I hit this field with a different machine/ coil combo I find something. The cool think about this school is it’s right next to ruins of a old mill dating back a few hundred years so a 50 yard walk into the woods and you can find large cents, older silver etc.

When I hunt a spot, especially around here, I always keep in the back of my mind that every place had something else on it before it’s current structure or purpose and I prove that more often than not. My house was built in 1985 but I’ve pulled buttons and flatware from the 1800’s.

GL&HH

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya dun good, Uncle Vinny! :icon_thumright: May your luck continue on your next venture to the park.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I hunt a spot, especially around here, I always keep in the back of my mind that every place had something else on it before it’s current structure or purpose and I prove that more often than not. My house was built in 1985 but I’ve pulled buttons and flatware from the 1800’s.
GL&HH

That's probably true in MA where you are, but here in rural IL not so much. Gary

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds there Uncle Vinny. Keep at it.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep swinging Uncle Vinny:icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds. Don't give up on that site. Folks will do or say anything to keep you off a place.:icon_thumright:

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Congrats!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everywhere hasbeen Metal Detected :)

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are going to have to get you a companion so you can start visiting the other than "virgin" areas :tongue3:

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To those saying everywhere has been detected. How about the park that was covered in kudzu and briars for the last 50 years but has just been cleaned?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on who hunted it lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt though. And good luck

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! Looking forward to your next post! :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! But I too think the park has been hunted .. if you were showing us Barbers , Mercs , Indians , etc. I could believe your theory .

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To those saying everywhere has been detected. How about the park that was covered in kudzu and briars for the last 50 years but has just been cleaned?

Back in 1995 i hired a guy to work for me. One day we were talking and it got around to metal detecting. he told me his house has been in his family since it was built in 1867 and that his oldest sister had a habit, Every time she broke up with a boyfriend she would toss his rings he would give her out the window. A week later and some lost sleep i finally was able to detect it. my whites 4900Di Pro XL ended up pulling 29 rings , over 150 silvers , and countless IHPs, wheaties , and clad and buckets full of trash and relics. I wasn't sure about anything since the local metal detecting club was located just 2 miles away. So you just never know. My current home was built in 1900 and the property was originally the grassy surrounds of the original cemetery for the town. The towns founders are buried there and they go back to the 1700's. The town was officially founded in 1817. There is so much trash in my yard that even my small coil has problems. Although my yard had never been detected the apron has been several times. Most , but not all parks have been hit many times... Nobody ever gets it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread