Found bottle dump...help needed..

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
While digging a target in the yard this morning, I hit a bottle at about 5 inches. I can't believe it didn't break, stabbing at it with my digger. I managed to extract the bottle and another one next to it, but there was also some broken glass in the hole. Probing around, still with my digger, I located at least 2 more bottles but they were buried pretty good. I started for the garage to get a spade, but halfway there I realized I didn't have a clue as how to go about digging the area without doing damage to what else might be there. I could use some tips from some of you experts. Here's a pic of the ones I got out..one has no marks, the other says CLICQUOT CLUB between the words TRADE MARK..and says REGISTERED along the bottom. Any idea how old?...
Thanks...

Attachments

• botsr.jpg
    botsr.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 179

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Clicquot Club Company (pronounced Keek-0) was established in 1881 by Henry Millis and a friend, from money he received from his father, Lansing Millis. In 1885, the little country town of Millis, Massachusetts was named after the father, Lansing, a retired railroad man of considerable means.

Henry Millis began his bottling business with a sparkling cider, and later expanded to other flavors, such as ginger ale, birch beer, sarsaparilla, root beer, cola, orange and other popular flavors. Within a few years, bottling of the sparkling cider was dropped, and focus went to the success of the ginger ale and other flavors.http://www.angelfire.com/tn/traderz/cliquot.html

The other one looks like an Elroy Catsup bottle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions