Found first Silver Coin of year today

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went and tried out a park about 15 minutes away,and managed my first silver coin of the year,a 1953 Rosie(solid 78 on VDI scale)javascript:void(0);.I am Including a pic of my key finds for my last 6 hunts as I promised in a past posting to include pics from previous hunts.The pic contains 2 .925 earrings,a .925 charm,a 14K Gold charm,a gold plated ring and bracelet,3 wheat pennies(44d,45,47)a 1967 Canadian Centennial Cent,a 1965 Hungarian 2 Filler coin(one with hole in center)an Italian Getone(used in vending machine)a NH public works token(no longer used for tolls),a NH state lottery token(largest with Old man of the mountain on it),and an old buckle(I don't know much about buckles,but it took almost a week soaking in olive oil to remove most of the patina).If anyone could give me more info on how old they think the buckle is,and what type it is it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_2353_a.jpg
    100_2353_a.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0
nice finds cool tokens :icon_thumright:

Congrats on that silver!
From all of those finds it looks like you had a fun day out there.
Mike

Very cool finds! The earrings are especially nice - but the buckle from the 1700's is a great dig! We both found a 1953 Rosie this week lol ;D

I like that shoe buckle! :thumbsup: I could go on and on about the old stuff I have found, but never one of those!

That is some good finds you broke the ice on silver :thumbsup: great looking 18th century buckle :icon_thumleft: HH Dd60

Monkey is off your back. Now they will just pop out of the ground for you.

congrats on your silver and a very nice array of finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back