Found Gold Ring @ Revere Beach

Revere Beach

Jul 16, 2008
While metal detecting on Revere Beach Tuesday July 15th @ Revere beach a friend and I were enlisted by a young teenager (approx. 13yo) to help him find a ring his mother had apparently lost.

We searched the area and my friend found a Men’s Gold Ring with a large black stone in it.

We later found out these were not the people who lost the ring, but they had seen other people looking for it and when they gave up and left the couple asked us to help them find it, knowing it was not theirs.

I did approuch these people and confronted them, but they were rude and refused to take it to the police or lifeguards to report it.

We would like to see the person who lost the ring get it back, so I am posting pictures of the people who have the ring hoping the owner will see these people at Revere Beach and can get the ring back.

Here are the pictures of the people who have the ring who are NOT the rightful owner.

If you know these people maybe you can convince them to DO THE RIGHT THING and bring the ring to the State Police Barracks in Revere then maybe the rightful owner can get it back.

Attachments

• Him.jpg
    Him.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 853
  • Her.jpg
    Her.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 853
  • The Kid.jpg
    The Kid.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 853

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really sucks that people are that low.

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't help them. This girl asked me if I could help them find a ring that had been lost by the mother. I then heard her talking to her father in Spanish that she found someone to look for the ring that another couple had lost earlier in the day, another words not her ring, just wanted me to do the work so she could take it home. The father even said to her in Spanish "the American agreed to help you find something that isn't yours." I at that point told her I couldn't find it and I walked off. They never assumed that the Gringo could understand Spanish....bad assumption.

I guess the only advice I can give even though you helped out of kindness of heart is to get a description of the loss next time. For me people that take advantage of someone are low class and one day will pay.

By the way its surprising that they can be such good examples for their child. When he ends up in trouble one day from their good examples they will be the ones crying and of course blaming society. It's not their fault......

Good luck on your future hunts.

HH

XT18000

May 26, 2008
I can see from the kid's picture that he is off to a good start in life; that's a expandable baton he's
playing with! I know because I own one and kid's that age have NO business playing with one.

whizbang

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2008
Is it just me or could the 'father figure' in the top picture be Freddie Kruegers brother?

Gambonian

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2010
XT18000 said:
I can see from the kid's picture that he is off to a good start in life; that's a expandable baton he's
playing with! I know because I own one and kid's that age have NO business playing with one.

Not trying to be a smart alec or anything but to me that looks like the handle of a badminton racket. The handle looks like it has
tape and I always thought those batons were more tapered.
Just a thought.
Also I hope the rightful owners get their property back.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep , see people do this more than one would think.
And it kills me that so many think that just because we are American that we only speak one language !
Lol I find out more stuff by keeping my mouth shut and hearing what they say.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sorry!!!! I would post ads on Craigslist lost and found section and post their pictures in with the ad and I would post in the rants and rave section with their photos as well telling people how they are scum and what they did!!!

How did you learn that the ring wasn't theirs?

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gambonian said:
XT18000 said:

Not trying to be a smart alec or anything but to me that looks like the handle of a badminton racket. The handle looks like it has
tape and I always thought those batons were more tapered.
Just a thought.
Also I hope the rightful owners get their property back.

I have often questioned folks who approach me on the beach and tell me they have lost something. I always tell them to provide the Hotel security with their contact info in case I find what they have lost. I believe there are people out there who have knowledge of a lost item and will try to claim it as their own. Last year a fellow told me he lost his platinum "Tiffany & Co" wedding band. I told him to leave his info and later that day I found it. Called the Hotel and there was no report of a lost similar.

Also that is not an ASP or collapsible baton. I've carried one for years and you couldn't dent a shin with the thickness of what that kid is holding. But I do agree the kid's future has been set by his scamming parents and he'll pay the price eventually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions