Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why didnt this make banner? ??? It seems that none of the Spanish cob forum or shipwreck forum posts make banner and the finders dont seem to care. . I guess it needs to post in Todays Finds.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I receaved an answer to why it never made banner. This is a quote from the email I receaved "Of Course it is Not Worthy as a RECENT Find by a Member Sorry" So there's our answer.

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
If this was the only find I could ever make and all my future prospects would be rusty nails and pull tabs I would still be a very happy man!

I would love to see some closeups of some of the coins. Look at the one at 9:00 on the bottom picture. Is that a bullet hole in it? :icon_scratch:

Stan

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hangingfor8 said:
I receaved an answer to why it never made banner. This is a quote from the email I receaved "Of Course it is Not Worthy as a RECENT Find by a Member Sorry" So there's our answer.
What I meant was why didnt it make banner when it was posted? When was it found?

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm sure this will make the Gods "cough cough' moderators upset and it might even get deleted or get me thrown off treasurenet. What does it matter when it was found? This is obviously a treasure worthy of most museums and if it was found yesterday or ten years ago it's worthy of a banner.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hangingfor8 said:
I'm sure this will make the Gods "cough cough' moderators upset and it might even get deleted or get me thrown off treasurenet. What does it matter when it was found? This is obviously a treasure worthy of most museums and if it was found yesterday or ten years ago it's worthy of a banner.
I agree that the banner is for recent finds only. My question was why wasnt it banner when it was first posted in 2008? I think the answer is nobody noticed or no one nominated it. I think also it needs to be posted in Todays Finds.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangingfor8 said:
I totally agree :icon_thumright: I say banner!
Ossy

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
Hangingfor8 said:
I totally agree :icon_thumright: I say banner!
Ossy
Too late. This is an old post.

S

stefen

Hangingfor8 said:

Typically the items awarded banner status is for member finds or discoveries...

However, this post is not stated as a member find, therefore, even if its a worthy find, it doesn't meet the criteria.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
stefen said:
Hangingfor8 said:

Typically the items awarded banner status is for member finds or discoveries...

However, this post is not stated as a member find, therefore, even if its a worthy find, it doesn't meet the criteria.
They were found by the member who posted this thread. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,202772.msg1439965.html#msg1439965

His English is not perfect but I can understand it. What a great find.

"i found this treasure 120kilms.80 miles far from mediteranian sea.i havnt a good metal detector.if i hav one i find lot of treasors." quote ilyes1113

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
I posted my vote. He deserves the recognition for all the stuff he finds. :notworthy:

Stan

OP
OP
ilyes1113

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi friends .realy i forguet this subject posted in 2008. & no one replayed at that time .
its not a problem that my finds was not published -banner-!!! no one helps me in my contry .its a crime to descover a treasur !!!!
now this treasur (spanish cobs n 2-the 420 coins)is ender ground :dontknow: i cache it & marked the emplasement whith a simbol .!!!
realy im talking the true . i think that in futur if some one can offer me a good price i whill sale it.
now ihave a good detector(gti 2500) im collecting ancient coins (sometimes i find spanish cobs ) & im whaiting :read2:
im not a happy man -im very pover but i have some treasurs -im lucky ???perhaps!!!!
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UwqdACec1s

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
That is an awesome video slide show Iyles. Kicking background rhythm too.... :headbang:

You are LUCKY not to have to compete with too many other hunters. Not many people will post satellite images (with GPS coordinates) where they found treasure like you have in the past. I hope your "simbol" was not a big "X" like the type used on pirate treasure maps.... :icon_pirat: I would have a hard time sleeping knowing those coins weren't under my pillow or in my safe!

I wish I could appreciate the rarity of some of your other nice coins, but I only know the Spanish cobs. Perhaps some of those others are very valuable.

Poverty? It seems like you have enough treasure to feed and clothe you for a while. It must be risky for you to sell any though.

How did you get the GTI metal detector? Are they legal to buy over there or are they just hard to get?

Thanks for your posts. Good luck and let us know what you find....

Stan

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ilyes :thumbsup: I would like to know more about the other coins, they look Roman / Greek.
Can you send coins out of your country?
You can send me a PM if you want.
Cheers, Ossy

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ilyes1113 said:
now this treasur (spanish cobs n 2-the 420 coins)is ender ground :dontknow: i cache it & marked the emplasement whith a simbol .!!!

Attachments

• treasure of Algiers.jpg
    treasure of Algiers.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 525

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions