Found In Central NC - 8/11/2013

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I think that is a stemmed guilford. Check for basal grinding. One heck of a day. Here is a stemmed guilford for comparison.

image-1740815992.jpg

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I think Stanley is a sure bet. The broke quartz point looks interesting. Can you post a few more pictures.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great hunt.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got in the mountains.I hope to find just one.Nice!

I dint know you liked arrowheads SR. I have read some of your post in the general section, lol.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Lecroy and Guliford. Lecroys are one of my favorites. You had a stellar day. Nice hunt you racked up!

OP
OP
D

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks everyone for looking and for the kind words. This is the first time I've had a chance to get out looking in a while for a variety of reasons, having my daughter along with me made it even more special and fun!

The Stanly/Kirk/Guilford - I'm still leaning Stanly mainly due to the fact that I've pulled several Stanlys from this site but also because of the workmanship of the piece. It's thinner and better crafted than most Guilfords, at least that I've found and it's not as nice as say a Kirk. Either way, it's a fine point and I'm glad to have been privileged to find it whole!

I'll try to post some better pictures of the other pieces.

SCRocks - that broken white quartz piece was found laying inches from the Stanly. Not sure what it would have been, kinda looks maybe like it was Big Sandy, can't really tell.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good days hunt with some really nice finds. You are certainly in the right spot. Good Luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread