Found in local park in 1979

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my 10th anniversary in 1979 I bought myself a GTA-1000 not getting to the beach to use it was killing me so I went to the local park in Beltsville Md. Going in the woods about 30' from the creek I started detecting after a couple of hours of finding an occasional bottle top or tin foil I got a hit showing 12"+ deep. Being gung ho to find something this is what I found about 16" deep. All I ever did was wash it off with soap and water and put it in a jar. To this day I wonder if it was attached to a body. The buckle is brass and the emblem looks to be gold and silver but I've never had it tested. I still love my GTA and a year ago I bought a Seahunter Mark II and I just received a AT Propointer Belt Buckel.jpg Attached is a picture of the buckle

Download

Upvote 5

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful find regardless of when it was found and brought from the dark & back into the light.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great find it just might be silver and gold but that's awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread