Found in the tideline back years ago

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Posted this before a few years back....Thought some may have seen something like it over the years in their research......It's brass/bronze --- about the size of a silver dollar or 8 reale....Some type of die is my guess??????Thanks for looking Picture or Video 065.jpgPicture or Video 068.jpg

I might be way off but I'm just seeing a cover to something with a round opening..like mabey a flush fuel spout or scupper.. something like that.

But closer than you I suspect

Careful on the insults or you will not be posting anything. You make a post and civil comments are allowed.
This post has been moderated.

Looks to me like the bottom swivel pad of a lunchroom chair leg! ruck44902

Well it certainly isn't made from native gold. Native gold is usually 80% gold or better and doesn't corrode at all. I believe Gator is closer, the gas filler caps on modern boats are very similar although a bit larger in diameter. The caps you show are from drums, yours is from something smaller.

Well it certainly isn't made from native gold. Native gold is usually 80% gold or better and doesn't corrode at all. I believe Gator is closer, the gas filler caps on modern boats are very similar although a bit larger in diameter. The caps you show are from drums, yours is from something smaller.

Relicdude didn't say it was gold. He said it was a gold stamp. However, thank you for your insight.
Aquanut

I know after my response he told me to eat a plate of excrement... Sometimes people just want their find to be something extraordinary

Gunpowder keg cap??

I've seen some in the same general size and shape...and some tend to be brass as well....

Assuming the narrow shank isn't threaded, it could be a barrel/container bung of some kind but I think the old-old ones were almost always made out of wood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back