Found in VietNam help me identify this rock

gk1610

Apr 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everybody I found it in Vietnam, people can help me identify it, Could it be a meteorite? I really appreciate everyone, thanks you.

DSC03412~1.jpg

DSC03415.jpg

DSC03416.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03414~1.jpg
    DSC03414~1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC03417.jpg
    DSC03417.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High @gk1610 and welcome to the forum.

No, I'm afraid that doesn't have any exterior features which would suggest it's a meteorite. There's no evidence of fusion crust and the pock-marked surface (with at least one very deep cavity) is not at all characteristic of meteorites. It looks like you have cut or filed one end to expose the interior and that doesn't have any features which would suggest meteorite either. You haven't said anything about density, streak testing, magnetic properties etc, but it's not really necessary here. This is just an earth rock which has seen a lot of weathering or water-tumbling.

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Last time I was in Viet Nam was Oct. 28. 1967! 1st Cav Div. (Airmobile).

OP
OP
G

gk1610

Apr 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High @gk1610 and welcome to the forum.

No, I'm afraid that doesn't have any exterior features which would suggest it's a meteorite. There's no evidence of fusion crust and the pock-marked surface (with at least one very deep cavity) is not at all characteristic of meteorites. It looks like you have cut or filed one end to expose the interior and that doesn't have any features which would suggest meteorite either. You haven't said anything about density, streak testing, magnetic properties etc, but it's not really necessary here. This is just an earth rock which has seen a lot of weathering or water-tumbling.

Thank you so much

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread