Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found it in my closet :) (With Pics)

Found this today, in my closet, but IDK if it's worth anything. I'm just gonna hang on to it anyway, but would like to know a little about it, because I had issues finding out.

Well, I have this set of Five Pennies from 1943. 2 of them have a "D" mint mark and 3 of them have no mint mark. I was unable to find anything like this on eBay, and couldn't even find the right thing on Google, ao, are there any coin experts out there who can tell me what this is worth? Or grade the coins? Or tell me if they are a proof set? Or tell me if I'm awesome? :)
Thanks,
Guad

msnp8y.jpg

f09q52.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Southern California/Beijing
Detector(s) used
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the links, but, unfortunately, I have already checked those sites and nothing seems to say how much they are worth. :dontknow: Are they worth very much Uncirculated? Also, what is a Double Die error? I see lots of pictures of them, but never notice anything particularly different about them.
Thanks,
Guad

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your uncirculated 1943 steel Philadelphia mint pennies are worth about $0.75 a piece and the Denver Mint pennies are worth about $1.75 a piece according to the site I use. That a nice find in the closet. I would love to find that.

OP
OP
Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your uncirculated 1943 steel Philadelphia mint pennies are worth about $0.75 a piece and the Denver Mint pennies are worth about $1.75 a piece according to the site I use. That a nice find in the closet. I would love to find that.

Yeah, I have had it for a while, but I completely forgot about it! :) That was fun.
Unfortunately, I also lost something. I was pretty stupid and I got up about 15 old foreign coins and researched them, looked around on eBay, found the total value to be about $90. Then I put the coins in an envelope, misplaced the envelope, and now I can't find it :/ Pretty stupid of me. But maybe someday I will find it. :)
HH,
Guad

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well the foreign coins to be worth $90 most likely were silver - so keep looking

OP
OP
Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well the foreign coins to be worth $90 most likely were silver - so keep looking

I don't think they were silver. But they were old. I had some cool ones from the early 1900's and other 'uncommon dates'. Some may have been silver, and I am still looking.
Thanks,
Guad

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi! I have that exact same set of steelies, got 'em at a flea market for $2 in FL 10yrs ago. Mine are all Phillies except for one "S". Unfortunately, I don't think they are worth much anyway, but even less so because I believe both of ours have been replated in Zinc or something like that, it's been a while... Good luck on finding your lost coins!!!

OP
OP
Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! I have that exact same set of steelies, got 'em at a flea market for $2 in FL 10yrs ago. Mine are all Phillies except for one "S". Unfortunately, I don't think they are worth much anyway, but even less so because I believe both of ours have been replated in Zinc or something like that, it's been a while... Good luck on finding your lost coins!!!

Alright, thanks! I didn't think that they would be worth much, I just found out that my dad got them about 25 years ago at a coin show!
HH,
Guad

OP
OP
Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal

Mar 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good News!!! I was searching some more today and I found the coins! Here are some pics:

2150f3b.jpg

Chinese one is from 1898 (I'm pretty sure.
1926 coin is from when the Phillipines was a U.S. territory.
The 3 2 Shillings coins are from the 40's and 50's, and they might be silver, but I'm not sure.
The 1966 Canadian Dollar (My personal favorite) is silver.
The old Roman coin is only worth a couple bucks, but I really like it :)
The 1906 coin is a nickel from Mexico.
I just put in the Hong Kong coins because they were old 8-)
That other coin is some coin that says "Helvetica on it. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it's old, and worth a few bucks.
I also really like the 1888 Canada Penny, because it's one of the oldest coins I have. (Which isn't saying much,)

Thanks for looking, tell me if you like it!
-Guad

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a copy of the "Bible" the Red Book of coins.......it will tell you all you want to know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread