Found it! Miller table surface

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy Liner Ultra Fresh was:Found it! Miller table surface

Walking through home depot on a clearance run I noticed an upside down holiday mat. What caught my eye was the rubber backing was little circle dimples like a gulf ball. I can't find Attila's post offhand, but here's his Utube video

I'll get the numbers off the mat in case anyone else state side is interested. I did try to peel the front off and it seems to come away pretty easily. Course, 5 inches in may be completely different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Viper, just noticed something interesting. Your matting seems to be a little different from what Lowes and Dizzy has. Yours is marked Ultra Fresh and is 20" x 8 feet. Lowes and Dizzy's doesn't have the Ultra Fresh and is 20" x 48". The Lowes version seems to have a little more texture than yours does. Yours is like Lowes short roll and what I used. If yours came from Wally World then they probably have a version that is slightly different than the rest so they can be different. Figures

This is why I keep saying what I have is just like what ProGold is using on the Black Magic. I have posted a link to Amazon that sells the same Ultra Fresh.

Ok here is the link again... EASY LINER ULTRA FRESH

Link to Duckbrand Liner where if you pan down on the page you will see who all handles DUCKBRAND LINERS

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lowes sales these neat T fittings that snap over 3/4" PVC. I made a PVC frame and then took 1/4" stainless steel bolts to be used with wing nuts on all four corners to make adjustments front to back and side to side so that I can get the angle correct. As for the gate valve I found the CPVC 1/2" gate valve.

T218.jpg T219.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viper, just noticed something interesting. Your matting seems to be a little different from what Lowes and Dizzy has. Yours is marked Ultra Fresh and is 20" x 8 feet. Lowes and Dizzy's doesn't have the Ultra Fresh and is 20" x 48". The Lowes version seems to have a little more texture than yours does. Yours is like Lowes short roll and what I used. If yours came from Wally World then they probably have a version that is slightly different than the rest so they can be different. Figures
Ok, now that you point that out. I had taken photos of the UPCs and labels at lowes, but only the upc at walmart. The walmart one is model 280211 and under the upc code says ''DCK20"X8' SOLID BLK UF 4SC". UF probably being ultra fresh (here I thought you guys were talking toilet paper).

The 2 from lowes do not have UF on the barcode and the model numbers start with 11.

I think, from my photos, it is closer to the narrow roll at lowes. That long roll has a deep zigzag line (relatively speaking). I will check that as the walmart is near lowes and near where I frequently get lunch.

new mexico gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
silver city
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq - gold bug 2 - Custom highbanker 12"wide x 60" long with cali drop riffle sluice extension 9 feet long together - Custom gas drywasher - Custom highbanker 8" wide x 48" long -
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi I built a miller table and I used this same easy liner. The table is 18" wide x 42" long, I cant get it to work right. I used a sheet of glass 3/8" thick for the bed any help would be nice thanks.

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi I built a miller table and I used this same easy liner. The table is 18" wide x 42" long, I cant get it to work right. I used a sheet of glass 3/8" thick for the bed any help would be nice thanks.

I would be happy to pass along what works for me and you can see if any of this helps. To get these tables dialed in well it is a balancing act between the water flow and the elevation. When you do, they work great for getting the fine gold.

I use a 200 GPH pump that I got at Harbor Freight that works pretty well on all my tables. Back on Page 3 of this thread you can see my pump and Y valve set up. I leave the valve that the hose is connected open all the time and adjust the water flow with the non hose valve. If you open that valve all the way then it will shut the water off to the table. Then slowly close the water off until you get the flow to the table you want. If you connect a ball valve to the water bar then you will have problems when you try to adjust the volume. it's like putting your thumb over a garden hose to make it spray.

Next I classify all my material to -20. If you use a kitchen strainer that works good. It helps if all the material is about the same size. Anything larger than this I run it through the table by its self but you will need to increase the water flow quite a bit to move it along.

To set up a new table I adjust it to about 1"- 1 1/2" elevation.
Adjust the water to a low flow.
Then Place some screened sand on it to see if it moves off. Very little of the material should move off.
Slowly increase the water level until the finer material just begins to move off.

If you expect to have fine gold, then put 2 or 3 tablespoonsful of your material on the table and spread it out evenly and see if the material starts to move off. If not then slowly increase the water level until it does. A $15.00 bag of pay dirt from Ebay works really well to set these up. There is usually some nice small pieces that you can use for testing. Adjust the water so the sand moves off but the gold stays.

I use a plastic basting brush you can find in Kitchenware at grocery stores that has white bristles. They come in a set with two sizes and I mostly use the 1" Just use it to brush the material out until it is a very thin layer. Any gold will now show up. With this matting material as soon as the gold makes contact with it it will stop. If there is sand around the piece of gold, just tap the gold with the brush a couple of times and the sand will move on leaving the gold. I hope this helps a little. Enjoy your table. They are great.

new mexico gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
silver city
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq - gold bug 2 - Custom highbanker 12"wide x 60" long with cali drop riffle sluice extension 9 feet long together - Custom gas drywasher - Custom highbanker 8" wide x 48" long -
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi thank you guys! I used a Kitchen fine mesh strainer and a lil jet dry. cons are from my high banker loaded with gold but I can still watch the gold go down the table. there's no bubbles I used a 500 gph pump but it don't look like it puts out enough water flow. I set it up at a 1/4" per foot drop and played with the water but on high open water flow it barely coves side to side. I'm gonna try a bigger pump and I will let you all no how it goes.

new mexico gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
silver city
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you AZ I will give a try!:icon_thumright:

new mexico gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
silver city
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found the problem LOL it was a easy fix all I did was add a little more jet dry problem fixed! thanks guys!

new mexico gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
silver city
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Classification is the key along with finding the proper flow and drop.
In other words run all 1/8" material at the same time. Do not run 1/8" along with 1/16" material.

The closer in size that the material being run is then the easier it becomes to separate the gold from the rest.
Another reason why is you do not want larger gravel particles weighing as much or more than the smaller gold particles to knock those smaller gold particles loose from the bottom of the table and back up into the flow.

The larger the classification is the more flow and drop can be implemented to speed up the process.
As you run smaller and smaller material then less flow and angle will become necessary.

The smoother the flow is the better. And when you place your material on the table be sure it's completely wet and never dry.
Also don't place the material too close to the outflow source. Give the flow a couple inches to completely smooth out first.

Hope this helps,
GG~

new mexico gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2014
silver city
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Classification is the key along with finding the proper flow and drop.
In other words run all 1/8" material at the same time. Do not run 1/8" along with 1/16" material.

The closer in size that the material being run is then the easier it becomes to separate the gold from the rest.
Another reason why is you do not want larger gravel particles weighing as much or more than the smaller gold particles to knock those smaller gold particles loose from the bottom of the table and back up into the flow.

The larger the classification is the more flow and drop can be implemented to speed up the process.
As you run smaller and smaller material then less flow and angle will become necessary.

The smoother the flow is the better. And when you place your material on the table be sure it's completely wet and never dry.
Also don't place the material too close to the outflow source. Give the flow a couple inches to completely smooth out first.

Hope this helps,
GG~

Thanks GG thats the truth! Classification is the key Im glad I joined this site a lot of smart people on here.

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought that I would enclose a short clip of this Easy Liner material in action on my small miller table. This material really works well. So far I like it better than the chalkboard paint, truck liner paint or hobbico mat.

This is the Lowes short roll. I'm going to try the Long roll and the Wally World roll and see if I can tell any difference.

OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I looked at that and I thought that it looked like the same material and was planning on buying some to try out. I think that it would work very well for a table top as well. I have made 4 tables trying out different materials and all have worked well. Maybe I will have to try 4 more. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread