Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the brass tag back to the water and throw it out as far as you can, it's a death tag, it was in someone ashes. Get rid of it it's bad luck.

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
delete

Last edited:

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet I could make that thing skip at least six times.

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gee I'm guessing your detecting overseas somewhere already? I'm in Ca myself and did a four year tour with the navy myself. What's your rating? Good luck on your deployment. Crossing the equator by any chance? Nothing like a little shellback training. :-)

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gee_mg must be having bad luck already, he's deleting every thing . you didn't have to o that !!!

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be SAFE & Thank you

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gee I'm guessing your detecting overseas somewhere already? I'm in Ca myself and did a four year tour with the navy myself. What's your rating? Good luck on your deployment. Crossing the equator by any chance? Nothing like a little shellback training. :-)

One month short of 18 years!!! I am a GSE (gas turbine systems technician electrical) Did the shellback years ago.... still have my card and certificate somewhere in my Love me box, lol.... Wish I was bringing my detector with me, but these days you have to have a liberty partner(s) to go anywhere overseas.... I plan to do my last metal detecting today....

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gee_mg must be having bad luck already, he's deleting every thing . you didn't have to o that !!!

LOL Ron, I got a hold of the funeral home from where it originated from. I will take it with me on the ship and throw it over the side off the coast of California before heading across the pond..... I don't need any bad karma..... I just deleted the picture out of respect I guess?

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is the email that the funeral home responded with:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting me on this. It is VERY considerate of you to think of returning the tag or even thinking to contact us!!

That cremation did indeed take place years ago and it appears to me that the family of that person probably scattered into the ocean and the tag has just resurfaced. Would you mind taking it with you on your tour and tossing it back into the ocean? This is in no way a disrespect to that person or the family, as this is probably what they have done.

I wish there were more people on this earth like you, caring enough to take the time to investigate!!! You are blessed and I thank you for us and for that person and their family!!!

Sincerely,

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the email that the funeral home responded with:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting me on this. It is VERY considerate of you to think of returning the tag or even thinking to contact us!!

That cremation did indeed take place years ago and it appears to me that the family of that person probably scattered into the ocean and the tag has just resurfaced. Would you mind taking it with you on your tour and tossing it back into the ocean? This is in no way a disrespect to that person or the family, as this is probably what they have done.

I wish there were more people on this earth like you, caring enough to take the time to investigate!!! You are blessed and I thank you for us and for that person and their family!!!

Sincerely,
That cool ,a lot of us do that.

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh cool I was an aviation electrician. P3, f14,f18, and a helo squadron. I had fun as well. Where do you detect in Ca. I'm up north near Santa Cruz and half moon bay.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All right...now I can run down to Oceanside and grab all those plats!!
Good luck, see you in 8.
:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread