Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping to find gold - came up with this instead - water find down real real deep ...barely went off - was a whisper
I fanned like 5-6 ins with dive boot and it got louder - thought I had a big fishing weight maybe - scooped straight down
and rechecked and thought I had a can -took 3 scoops to get it
saw stainless band hanging off of scoop lip and thought I had a stainless chain - big surprise - my eyes are shot had to wait til my GF
walked up and confirmed it said Cartier - I had a feeling it might be - I saw similar design found by another hunter few yrs
back - his was a womans. It is heavy as heck - you could knock someone out with it. crystal is scratch free..it has a serial #
when found - second hand was not moving - but when I gave it to my GF - it was - told her "I think those are self winding" - they are
time in sand it stopped being in my pouch got it restarted
but years ago I found a Rolex Submariner on south beach and it turned out to be a fake - so not counting my chickens
DSC00164.JPG

Upvote 70
Looks like an older roadster. I had one years ago. Mine was a bit more substantial in the band, but that may have just been a design change through the decades. But I would say if it survived a long dousing and self-started again that it’s authentic. Nice find

Sweet find! I'm hoping it's real!

Good googamooga that looks sweet. I bet it's legit. My best beach find was also a Cartier gold watch! Sold it years ago, needed some money in my early 20's... Kind of wish I still had it. Banner if real.

Awesome find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Congrats on the watch, hoping that it will be a good one.

That is a mid size Roadster. I have the identical watch! Great job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one way to find out. Bring it to a respected jeweler. Usually the fakes aren't as well copied on the insides as they are on the outside. Awesome find in any case! Congrats!

Great find and I hope it turns out to be real!!

Wow. That is a stone cold stunner . :notworthy:

I would have to change my undershorts after finding that! Congrats real or not it is a great find.

well come on, if it is real, what is it worth?

18C7A3D2-4389-42AF-B44B-12BA20DABD22.jpeg

COOLDEMUNDO!

It can be quite difficult to tell fake Cartier watches from genuine Cartier watches, but there are a few guidelines you can follow:

The simplest way to tell a fake Cartier watch is to remove the caseback. A genuine Cartier watch will have "Cartier" inscribed on the movement.

Weight
Like most luxury accessories, genuine Cartier watches are quite heavy, especially when compared to the lightweight fakes. This solid weight is due to the watch's quality materials.

Glass
A genuine Cartier watch has scratch-proof glass, which won't be found on the fakes. This is something that's fairly easy to test. The sapphire-quality glass of a genuine Cartier is also non-smear, so if you drop a few beads of water on it, they will roll off. On fake Cartiers it will smear.

Cabochon stone
The winder of a genuine Cartier watch features a polished gemstone, called a cabochon stone. If there's no stone, it's a fake Cartier watch. The gem should be securely fastened, not glued on.

Serial Number
This should appear on the back or side of a genuine Cartier. The number will be engraved as a number of fake Cartiers feature a serial number that's barely etched onto the watch.

Here's hoping it's the real deal Casper- GL!

-- Jeff --

I know expensive watches the secon hands have a constant sweep not a tic tic tic. I had a Submariner and it had a glass back and was told Rolex never made a glass back I tried to tell the jeweler it was a special edition and only one was made and this was it, long story shory I left with a Goose egg 0. Hope yours is real Thanks for posting!!!!

Very nice! Well done! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back