found little white metal pellets?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well first of all I don't have pics to show but I thought I'd share with you what I had found no gold today but when panning out the cons in my pan I noticed these tiny little white things well at first thought they were some sort of tiny quartz pieces well got looking closer and well I decided to bite down just to see if it would crunch or squish well it squished and the white coating came off and this bit of metal revealed itself (only way I can describe this is picture a yogurt covered raisin shrunk right down LOL) that looks like some sort of lead I'm thinking didn't break apart at all was wondering if anybody else has found anything like this as well? also this looked like nothing from a gun round or anything that was man made once so curious if this is lead or maybe some sort of other metal I should be looking for I know its not mercury and this was the same area I was getting my gold out from too.....................also went up the mountain further up and this was just awesome looking these falls

Attachments

• maurice gorge 001 (640x480).jpg
    maurice gorge 001 (640x480).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 148
  • maurice gorge 003 (640x480).jpg
    maurice gorge 003 (640x480).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lead shot turns white over time from oxidation

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I know for a fact these aren't bullets I've metal detected enough to know that bullets overtime yes will have a white patina to them and this is way to small the next time I gold sluicing if I find more of these i'll get pics somehow

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, old shotgun bird shot.

PS Didn't your momma teach you not to put random stuff in your mouth?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I know for a fact these aren't bullets I've metal detected enough to know that bullets overtime yes will have a white patina to them and this is way to small the next time I gold sluicing if I find more of these i'll get pics somehow

I didn't say they were bullets, I said bullets will get that patina also. You found bird shot that is very old.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe...........? but you'll have to see to decide never seen patina like this before but who knows and yes kevin my mother taught me a lot of things and good manners one of them also!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without pics what your describing sounds dead on like old bird shot chances are that what they are.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Without pics what your describing sounds dead on like old bird shot chances are that what they are.

If it is lead a little torch will melt them pretty easily too.

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vaquero, I had the same experience in WA state. Damn little gold, lots of white bird shot. Good evidence of getting the heavies though.

Thurman

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438795821.711637.jpg
Getting lots of lead out of the water system...sometimes over 100 pieces per day!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting??? all I can tell you is they were the size of 22. cal shot gun pellets with a white coating that all I think of was yogurt covered raisin shrunk right down to little tiny pea like and once the coating was gone they were very lead like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread