Found Locomotive story?

TheCarFan

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
I was MDing at a lakeside park today and a man walking his dogs told me a few lost treasure stories. He also told me one of a train found in the Southern states of America in recent years. Some folks were following and old railroad track and came up it overgrrown with brush. Supposedly it had many railcars attached to it and some had crates of brand new automobiles inside from the 1900s. Has anyone else heard this story? Thanks

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
There was a man hiking or hunting in the woods who came across some old tracks. On these tracks as a lone rail car that had vines and stuff growing all over it. Inside the rail car was about six old model A Fords. I don't have a location for ya, but I do know he told the wrong people. And the Ford Motor company claimed ownership. The mint condition cars were divided up among the highest ranking men in the company. The guy that found them got nothing more than a Thank You! The train was not wrecked or damaged. It seemed like it came unhooked or somehow got left behind in the middle of nowhere. The train tracks were abandoned and went through where the town is today. So nobody ever came across the old train car. It doesn't sound like the same story you are referring to. Just another one that confirms that it sure could have happened.

DD

OP
OP
T

TheCarFan

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
That could be the same story. You know how legends change details every retelling...Thanks for the response!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread