Found me a sody bottle dump!

DixieHunter145

Oct 12, 2008
Hanceville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w/ YF-1 Invader Probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This past Sunday me and my buddies stumbled across an old (well not too old but you get the picture) bottle dump. My friends who are not interested in bottle digging like me simply kept walking, and so did I. But unlike the rest of them, the next day I returned with my shovel. Today is Thursday and I just found what looks to be a haul of fairly common 1950's and 60's soda bottles. I also found some pieces to what looks to be a Dutch House Crock, along with some milk glass. Me and ChefMan are planning to head out to my little "treasure trove" of bottles tomorrow morning. I will post a new thread on here after we get back and get the glass cleaned up. I'm definitely posting pics, possibly a video? Depends on my mood. Wish us luck.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
DixieHunter145 said:
This past Sunday me and my buddies stumbled across an old (well not too old but you get the picture) bottle dump. My friends who are not interested in bottle digging like me simply kept walking, and so did I. But unlike the rest of them, the next day I returned with my shovel. Today is Thursday and I just found what looks to be a haul of fairly common 1950's and 60's soda bottles. I also found some pieces to what looks to be a Dutch House Crock, along with some milk glass. Me and ChefMan are planning to head out to my little "treasure trove" of bottles tomorrow morning. I will post a new thread on here after we get back and get the glass cleaned up. I'm definitely posting pics, possibly a video? Depends on my mood. Wish us luck.

Sounds good to me. I'll be watching for the pics. :thumbsup:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We must have the same Friends,but in different states,I find that a really good pair of leather gloves,a small trowel,a 5 gallon bucket with water for washing them,and a camera.I also like to bring a garden rake or a hoe and a shovel and a broom for sweeping leaves broken glass off of them.One time a Friend brought a portable backpack air blower to blow all the leaves from a honey hole of bottles we had found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions