Found more junk

F

fleur325

Well, I had an easier time with proper alkaline batteries, and Onion's hints, but still only managed 2 soda can chunks, a piece of corrugated metal, the top of a can--just the outer ring, and all crumpled up, tiny, so I was proud of me for finding it, and this really neat thing that looks like a washer.
I would guess it is about 3-4" on each side of the square, and 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch thick. It is a square, with a large hole through the center. HEAVILY corroded, but will clean up as a nice paperweight.

Still searching for first clad, first jewelry, first silver, etc. Practice makes perfect. Husband didn't want me to go to the playground to search, because he thought it was too crowded and didn't want anyone to get upset at us digging around the park.

Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, cleaning up the mess all the complainers leave behind! I always carry a plastic grocery bag with me, and fill it up quickly with meatal junk I dig up, as well as surface trash like paper, cans and glass. That way, if any idiots do complain, you can show them all the trash you've picked up. I've heard that some people keep a half a bag of trash to bring for just this purpose in case the complainers start before you've had a chance to pick up much trash. As long as you fill your holes and haul out trash, you're leaving it better than you found it! HH ALL!

S

Snake 245

I had a pretty good day, found 12 penny's, 3 of them was wheat pennies, 1 quarter, 1 dime, plus junk also, lol. 8)

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:)IF YOUR FINDING THE JUNK YOU WILL FIND THE GOOD.JUST STAY AFTER IT.I AGREE WITH THE OTHER POST,HAVE YOUR TRASH BAG WITH YOU.I HAVE KNOWN SOME TO COVER THE TRASH BACK UP,SO YOUR SITE MAY HAVE BEEN HUNTED A LOT.NEVER COULD FIGURE WHY ONE WANTED TO DIG THE SAME TRASH TARGET AGAIN.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread