Found my first point!

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Now I need help identifying it. Was fishing last weekend on the Cumberland river near Burksville Ky. Fishing had become a little slow and I began looking for points. For anybody that doesn't know this river it is crystal clear and fluctuates by several feet due to it being controlled by a TVA dam (Wolfe Creek) from lake Cumberland. Anyway I actually found my first point. ;D
I hope these pics work for identification. Thanks for looking. The first pic is the point in about 2 feet of water! I said it was crystal clear :D

Attachments

• point2.jpg
    point2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 363
  • EPSN0046.JPG
    EPSN0046.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 365
  • EPSN0037.JPG
    EPSN0037.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 364
  • EPSN0064.JPG
    EPSN0064.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
That's way better looking than the first one I found, unfortunately it will be pretty tough to identify with the base being broken off, most identifying characteristics are found on the base. Cool find though and I would be back there "fishing" all the time!!!

OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
It didn't appear to be broken at all. Maybe it is though cause I really am just getting started with points. I will take a better pic of the base and post it later.

Dave

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I want to look for points also but haven't had the time. That one looks like it's made from obsidian. Is that what you have in your area?

OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I have no idea what it is made from. I just began looking for them and this was found about 5 hours from my home. I know a few people on here that can and will tell us what it is made from.

Dave

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's semi-transparent I go with obsidian. Two of the pics appear to look like that's what it is. Keep lookin'...gotta be more.

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Great first find! When you post pics. of the base it will help. If it's not broken if may not have a spec. name, but generalized in one cat. I'll look when the base pic. is better.
badandy

OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Ok...didn't get to take another pic last night. Sonora for material...any guess as to possible age or is that really impossible to determine?

Dave

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Yes! The first one is always the hardest to find.

They should come easier now.

Keep your eyes on the ground

xStevenx

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave,

Awesome...congratulations on your 1st find. Keep looking, many more out there.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions