Found My First Silver Cufflink!

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday I went detecting on a 1500 year old hill fort from the late iron age. I was expecting to find some really nice old relics but instead I found some nice modern stuff. The place was located on a huge rock in the middle of the woods. It was about 125 meter's wide and you could see a long way on top of it. Since it was located on a rock pretty much every signal was almost at the surface under the moss. I must've dug over 40 older beer bottle caps when I were there on my two hour hunt. The strange thing is that I found these finds basically almost in the middle of nowhere, the closest house must've been at least 10 kilometers from the rock. So I think there must have been people that wanted some extreme privacy to get drunk (and lost stuff) and people who had picnic there for some reason. Anyways the cufflink is definitely silver and weighs 1 gram with the initials 'E.M.', it's probably from the 1800's, but for me this wasn't even on my bucket list just because I thought I'd never found one. And then I find one on the place you'd never imagine finding one.

IMG_8479[1].JPG IMG_8480[1].JPG

Also found three military aluminium buttons and a modern bronze coin:

IMG_8481[1].JPG

Upvote 18

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats on the great find.:coffee2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds my turn next

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job :occasion14: You never know what, where and when you will find something unexpected.
I would have love to find that cuff-link just because it has my wife's initials on it lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread