Found my first Virgin site here in Virginia!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I discovered this park on the banks of a river a couple of weeks ago and so far in two days it has given up 5 silvers and a handfull of wheats.

I have found over 3.00 in clad
1964 rosie
1953 rosie
1935 merc
1926 merc
1964 washington quarter

The wheaties I have found range from 1926-58. Almost every coin I dig in this place is from at least the 60's or early 70's. I know this place is loaded with silver and i intend to get all of it. Hahahahaha! Gota love this hobbie guys!

- golden silver

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
congrats :omums the word on your site ,, GUZZ1

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Nice going! That area holds alot of great memories for me. Growing up every summer we would take a vacation to our cabin in Chase City Va and would always drive out to that area for a couple of days. We would hit Jamestown and all the museums. I know that is where I got my love of history and the sea. I lived in Hampton for about 8 months.

I plan to take my 6 year old God Daughter there this summer. I cant wait to see her face when we take the ferry across the James to Jamestown. She is a little History buff/treasure hunter in the making:-)

From the other side of the state I hope your luck continues

-K

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: Found my first Virgin site here in Virginia! to: KLAVA

Klava,

Thanks for the message. Yeah this area has some of the richest history this country has got to offer. You and I are fortunate to live in a great state. If you take your daughter out this way you should take the ferry over to Tangier Island Virginia. I believe it leaves from chrisfielf Maryland. I live on the little Island next to it called port isabel for a summer. One of the most unforgettable times of my life. The island is a part of the united states many don't even know exists. It is a far different life there then where we come from. Life is slower and less complicated. Just one visit and you will know what I mean. Enjoy.

-Golden Silver

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
I will look that up thanks for the info. Though that sounds a bit north from where we plan to go I may just have to drive up there. Yes Va offers some great history and great scenery. We really have it all. now if the government would just do a little better lol. Alas comes from living in a Commonwealth....BLAH

-K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread