Found my first wheat penny Monday

B

brians2000

I was just wasting time and I thought I would go to an old field by my house. I have lived in that area for 33 years and no one ever goes in that field but I just wanted to see if I could find old tractor parts back when people farmed that area. I found a 1940 wheat penny about three inches down. I havent found a trace of anything else except some old barbed wire. I have had my metal detector about four months and I have hunted in every place I could think of such as old schools, parks, golf courses and any place that draws people. Anyway I am glad I finally found one. Brian

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Keep searching through the field. If there was someone there to drop a Wheatie, then they might have dropped all sorts of stuff. Happy Hunting!

R

rvbvetter

Congrats on the wheat.

You've got the right idea to hunt where people gather. But it's not always so easy to tell where people may have gathered 50 to a 100 yrs. or more ago. Once, for lack of a place to hunt. I decided to take a stroll with my detector through some nearby land that showed no reason for anyone to be out there with a detector.
Anyway, long story short. Turned out to be one of my best sites ever. Worked the site for over a year and pulled several dozen silver coins out, including 2 walking liberty halfs. Along with over 100 wheats, 1 1905 Indian head cent, and some buffalos, and 6 rings, 2 gold.
Moved away without ever finding out why they were there.
So don't overlook the less obvious places. That site taught me a lesson.
Now get on with finding that second wheat and enjoy and good luck. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats On your First Wheatie.

? ?Your On you Way.

? ? ?Jeff

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
congrats on the wheat! old silver is next on the list!! ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first wheat!

I remember finding my first one!

Keep diggin!

;)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wat to go Brian,the first one is the best one.May your next find be silver or gold! ;D Good luck and H.H.- diggummup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread