found my name

M

mchamby

Went to the local elementary school to detect for a couple hours before our MDing meeting. The first hour was taken up talking to another mder who came along and had lots of questions. I have never run into another md'er in the last two years other than club hunts. This guy wanted to pick my brain about some VT laws, I told him he should look into joining the club they could probably tell him more. Then back to mding for my last hour. I ended up finding $1.76 and as I was going around the last leg of the rope course I found a tweety bird necklace with a name plate (Maria). The necklace was in A1 shape no breaks and gee thats my name, I think this is good luck. It just happens the club is raffling off a detector pro water machine at the meeting, the luck is with me (I hope). Off to the meeting. I decided to buy 4 tickets $5.00 each and wouldn't you know it the guy who bought the two tickets just before me won and then he says it's for sale. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be.
This weekend is suppose to be nice so hopefully I get to go out at least once more.HH
Mchamby

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Congrats on the necklace! Wear it proudly. Don't fret about not winning the detector, I've been going for over 10 years to hunts and never won one yet. :'( But I keep on going----just like the Energizer Bunny. LOL HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that find!!

What are the odds to find something with your name on it!

Nana ;)

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Thats something you can never find. A target with your name on it......Congrats.. :)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Spotz do you know how many times I had to endure listening to people sing me that song when I was growing up, funny thing is they really didn't know what to do with me I was a rebal with a calling, just out of the norm. My favorite Maria song is by Brooks and Dunn.
Mchamby

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the chances of you finding something in the ground with your name on it.
Way to go, sounds like you had some fun.
Rob

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
That's cool, that's gotta be rare to find something with your name on it.

As long as I've been using this site, I never realized you were a woman..... :-[

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on a great find, WTG!!!
Better luck with that detector next time...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Well, obviously it was ment to be. I am also hoping to get out this weekend. Have a funny feeling it may be the last or next to last. It's 17 degrees out this morning, and with many more of these there won't be much soft ground left. Congrats on the find...Lance

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well I didn't find it but am very grateful for CO2's generosity. A while back while detecting a school he found a little hat pin in the shape of a branding ironwith the initials "JBS" across it. I was able to trade for it and wear it proudly when out and about. It seem that now I am having trouble finding the time to detect all the places that keep coming my way. What a bummer. Guess will just have to learn to live with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions