Found my second Walker, another Barber qrt

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil
Weve been fortunate down here in Southern Illinois, the brutal winter snow missed is and besides the cold the ground hasnt had much snow on it all year, so ive managed to get out a bit. These are a few silvers from my last two hunts. Back in Nov of 2007, i found a 1901 s Barber Quarter at a fairgrounds that i was just sure had more there but ive only managed maybe 15 silvers from there since, and only one since i bought the e0trac in jun of 09. I decided to give it some more attention, i just knew there had to be more there. Started at about 10 am, and within 10 min i had my first wheat, i started finding quarters and dimes laying on top of the ground from last years fair, a sign that it hasnt been hit much recently. Then out of nowhere i get that signal i was hoping for. A solid, 12-46 with that nice high tone that usually means silver. I knew it was deep, so i started to getting a little excited. I dug open a plug about 6 inches deep and put the probe in the hole, and the sound almost blew my ear phones off, i looked at the screen it was 06-46. I thought to my self probably a big chinck of brass or something, not gonna be a quarter or a dime. I dug another large section out of the dirt and when it landed on the ground i saw something, it was large and i thought a huge screw cap or something until i saw a the eagle on the back. Managed to keep my cool long enough to snap a photo. Only me second walker ever a 1947-d. Two hunting buddies them showed up (diggerlee, tommyboy72) and we hunted for about 3 more hours, i ended up with a 46 rose, and a 42 merc. The merc was about 7 inches deep, and it was a thumper, that went off 01-45, 01-46. The next day went to a different fair and pulled a 1907 barber qrt, It was only 4 inches deep i couldnt believe it had been missed all these years.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice... gonna clean em up?

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Awsome dig dave !!! love that walker!!!,,,that place still gives em up dont it??? ,,, you guys need to get up here some time and hit the fairgrounds here in town!!!

art

OP
OP
Corinth1812

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome dig dave !!! love that walker!!!,,,that place still gives em up dont it??? ,,, you guys need to get up here some time and hit the fairgrounds here in town!!!

art
Did you say Fairgrounds??? I would love to...Ill talk tommyboy into a roadtrip this spring...

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
I'm definitely up for a roadtrip Dave!!!!!! just tell me when and where!!!!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are off to a very good start to 2011 David ! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Keep them silvers coming out of the ground !! MaineRelic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread