Found my sharpest point ever! Creek hunting

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had permission to hunt a creek with my son in law. Land owner said we'd run into a beaver dam If we walked up the creek towards the bluff and we did.
We couldn't get out of the creek by the dam to hike up past the deep water due to a heavy black locust thicket, so we backtracked a ways and spotted a deer path through the thicket. I was leading the way, before long I was squatted down doing the duck walk under the tree branches. Caught my left foot on a tree branch hidden in the weeds and started to fall forward, put my right hand out to stop my fall, found my sharpest point ever when my hand went down! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505024568.774711.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505024594.225483.jpg
If the thorn had been much longer it would've came out the back of my hand but as it was when I pulled on it I couldn't believe how hard I had to pull to get it out. I was hoping I could pull it out straight enough that it wouldn't break off. It came out OK, I never had any infection or anything. I poured a little bit of beer on the wound and we hunted for 2 or three more hours
Didn't find much but had great time looking. I found a piece of a percussion fractured spear and what I thought for a moment was a stone bead, but I believe it's just an unusual natural formation. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505025621.111212.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505025684.781278.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505025705.547418.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505025724.421328.jpg

Upvote 0

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, had me going with that title. Great in-situ, though not the kind of point you want to find.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the future don't use beer, yeast and such doesn't help. Next time use straight liquor if you must use booze

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Mark that makes my hand hurt ouch!

OP
OP
M

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, had me going with that title. Great in-situ, though not the kind of point you want to find.

Yep, I thought it made a "great in-situ " too. Funny, when I sent the picture of it in my hand to my daughter she said she thought I was faking her out. That I had reversed the real order of the photos and was somehow balancing the twig in my hand with the thorn broken off. Then she said she zoomed in and could see the dark shadow of the thorn under my skin and knew it was for real.

OP
OP
M

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the future don't use beer, yeast and such doesn't help. Next time use straight liquor if you must use booze

I hear ya, I just poured a little bit on the wound, after all, it was hot that day and we only had so much cold beer beer in our backpacks. Plus I knew I'd be sticking that hand back into the dirty creek water for a few more hours. Better to save the beer for me in case it started hurting [emoji106]

OP
OP
M

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Mark that makes my hand hurt ouch!

Believe it or not Choo, it only hurt while it was in. Once I got it out I didn't feel anything except a little itchiness on the surface. Probably out to go in and get a tetanus booster though.

OP
OP
M

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrowhead hunting warrior LOL.

Hey, you know boys are proud of there scars,LOL!
When my brother in-law saw the photos he said it'd probably have been a game-stopper for him.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread