rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had the whole day off and it was sunny so I decided to walk a creek. I wanted to yak another but the owner just set beaver traps so I went to my usual. I wasnt really looking to find much seeing I hadnt found anything good in a while. I went to a section where a big tree had fallen in January across the creek. The last rain we had caused a big gravel bar to form just below the tree. I was walking and looking and saw something different laying sideways just barley showing nothing but 1 edge. I decided to reach as I have done many times just to throw it away (rocks). As I pulled it from its gravel bed I then saw it was this. Its 4.25 inches long and looks like a Etley or a StilWell. Either way its the biggest flint knife I have ever found. Its my 2016 end of the year last hunt and a really nice find for me.
Happy New Year Everyone! rock

Attachments

• SDC12019.JPG
    SDC12019.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • SDC12017.JPG
    SDC12017.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • SDC12021.JPG
    SDC12021.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • SDC12023.JPG
    SDC12023.JPG
    940.4 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find. I'm glad you were able to end the year on a high note!!

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Rock! Creek gave up some nice ones. Good way to end the year. Keep it rolling

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one! Bet that will make you eager to get back out there!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find Rock, it just shows that you never give up on a creek. The water moves stuff around so much it's like a new creek after every rain.:occasion14:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one! Bet that will make you eager to get back out there!

Im out there more than you know just havent been finding nothing but broken stuff.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find Rock, it just shows that you never give up on a creek. The water moves stuff around so much it's like a new creek after every rain.:occasion14:

Thats true to. Beavers built some dams when water was low. Creek pretty full now and the dams broke in one end sections which caused the creek to shift a bit in some places eroding some new spots which caused some new things to pop out as well as the fallen tree. Need some more rain still though.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well water worn Etley, nice find to close out the year.

I thought Etley to for a while till I noticed this one displays older archaic flaking so now I am thinking more Elk River on it looks older than a Etley by the large percussion flakes on the one side to me.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice one rock,the flaking does not look like elk river too me though

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to be so late posting on this but got a lot going on. Anyway, that's incredible and the little one too! The material is real pretty! I can see how it is your year maker as it would be mine too if I had found it! way to go Rock!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions