Found new spots for silver!!!

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm new to crh and did my first 1500 in halves and 500 in dimes and found nothing. So I started talking to some of the tellers at my bank and they told me that the packaging companies use scales to weigh coins now and silver gets sifted out of circulation. I know brinks gave me a sealed 500 dollar box and when I cut it open ever roll had already been sliced and searched by someone in packaging. So my friend at the bank told me you have to find the areas with high volumes of retired people or gated communities with banks in them. Just so happens I found a small credit union inside a gated 55+ community. I called and asked if they had customer rolled halves and they said 2 rolls. I almost didn't travel the distance for them but did anyway lol. 14 of the 40 were silver. Score loli called back yesterday and asked if they had any other customer rolled coins and they said they had about 2000 dollars in nickels dimes and quarters I'm picking them up Tuesday. Just a heads up on the hot spot. Happy hunting

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I need to find the gated Community - thanks man.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm new to crh and did my first 1500 in halves and 500 in dimes and found nothing. So I started talking to some of the tellers at my bank and they told me that the packaging companies use scales to weigh coins now and silver gets sifted out of circulation. I know brinks gave me a sealed 500 dollar box and when I cut it open ever roll had already been sliced and searched by someone in packaging. So my friend at the bank told me you have to find the areas with high volumes of retired people or gated communities with banks in them. Just so happens I found a small credit union inside a gated 55+ community. I called and asked if they had customer rolled halves and they said 2 rolls. I almost didn't travel the distance for them but did anyway lol. 14 of the 40 were silver. Score loli called back yesterday and asked if they had any other customer rolled coins and they said they had about 2000 dollars in nickels dimes and quarters I'm picking them up Tuesday. Just a heads up on the hot spot. Happy hunting

I understand the retired people but the gated communities I do not understand this idea. My parents lived in a gated community and I have been in quite a few and I have never seen a bank in one. Pools, golf coarse, restaurants, yes but never a bank. I have not found that areas with more affluent people tend to have any more silver in their rolls in comparison to they average Joe.

I am not sure what happened with that Brinks box but you are not the first to have that happen. I think, while it happens it is the exception not the norm.

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I never seen a bank in a gated community like that either but I was throwing it out there cause it could be a quick score if anyone sees this. And it was a credit union more then a bank. They said the elderly people roll up their coins and bring them in there. I remember when I was little and watched my grandfather roll up coins he had been saving for years and that was in the early 90's he had them huge water dispenser jugs filled with coins at least 5 of them and he was a huge collector of halves. Wish I could have got my hands on them.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
when I cut it open ever roll had already been sliced and searched by someone in packaging.

Trust me, this did not happen, it was just a repack of someone elses dumps, I have recieved them too. These were in a sealed box I received, just part of the game, the crappy part. Nobody in the packing plant can even think of tampering with the boxes. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5220.JPG
    DSCN5220.JPG
    816.3 KB · Views: 195
OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Well I hope the same person that cashed in the 14 halves I found is the same guy that rolled up the quarters dimes and nickels. Anyone search dollar coins?

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav,

What's up with the box on the right? Those wrappers look old.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
CC-Hunter said:
Mav,

What's up with the box on the right? Those wrappers look old.

They are just your normal CWR's, it's just the picture, I wish they would have been old ones, lol. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread