90.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Dec.092008 005.JPG
    Dec.092008 005.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Re: In need of a gully washer

Same here in dire need of rain to wash the leaves out of creeks,That whole point is a nice peice love the colors congrats...

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.

Still better than nothing, thats for sure. I am going on Mon. for sure, so I'll if I can get ahold of anything good to post. Cross your fingers, as I will be going a long way, to hunt, but I usually find at least one good one.

badandy

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find, good luck Andy.

Molly.

sidmind

Nov 10, 2008

Nice, I am hoping to try some creek hunting soon.

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama

Showme Mo.flint said:
Thanks for the comments everybody I hope the next time I post it will be a G-10.My wife asks me all the time WHY do you bring the broken stuff home with you?All I can tell her is that they are still a part of history even though they are broken points.Anybody ever get this from there spouse?

I'm fortunate that my wife likes arrowheads almost as much as I do. She doesn't get into all the researching that I enjoy, but the actual hunting and collecting, she gets it.

Regarding the brokes vs G-10's, I don't get this part of it and I never will. Of course, like every other arrowhead hunter, I get a special kick out of finding a complete arrowhead, but I still appreciate it all. I even pick up the flakes, all of them. I take them home and box them with labels. I frame all the brokes - actually framed together they look pretty good. I frame or box and label all the tools, even the broke ones.

I used to frame all of the artifacts by VERY specific sites. I gave that up because I got tired of explaining to people what everything was, and then the next time they saw my frames, they'd look at a tool without a point or a stem and say "How did they shoot that?"

Now I just show them the arrowhead frames. Most people do appreciate complete arrowheads, everything else is not so much.

OP
OP
D

Dc1013

Thanks for the comments everybody I hope the next time I post it will be a G-10.My wife asks me all the time WHY do you bring the broken stuff home with you?All I can tell her is that they are still a part of history even though they are broken points.Anybody ever get this from there spouse?

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio

Showme Mo.flint said:
all i ever get from her is "dont EVEN ::) think of coming in this house with all that mud on you"

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ohioaxeman said:
Showme Mo.flint said:
all i ever get from her is "dont EVEN ::) think of coming in this house with all that mud on you"

:tongue3:

Fossis...............

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il

Your gully washer is on the way. I hope we don't have any tornadoes, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread